'We Need to Talk About Kevin' is coming May 29 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 AM

Default 'We Need to Talk About Kevin' is coming May 29

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6589/talk_kevin.html
Old 02-21-2012, 01:28 PM

I was very disappointed with this film. One dimensional, politically correct and completely devoid of humor. I'll take The Bad Seed over this movie any day.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
I was very disappointed with this film. One dimensional, politically correct and completely devoid of humor. I'll take The Bad Seed over this movie any day.
OK, you're entitled to your opinion but I would hate anything that you might say here to stop anybody reading it from seeing this masterful film - probably the best that cinema had to offer in 2011. I am curious to know how much humour you think can be squeezed out of subjecty matter like highschool massacre, btw....
Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 PM

I don't really think that there was much masterful about this film. The pacing was glacial, the acting wooden, it was quite maudlin, and the music was completely unrelated to the mood of what was happening on the screen. Not good at all. Has this director ever made a movie before? It didn't look like it.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 AM

She has, two previous feature films and several short films. I'm pretty curious about it, especially to see Tilda Swinton, since she got a lot of buzz for her performance. I agree with Gloobey about the humor issue, though. Not all stories lend itself to heaps of humor, and from what I know of the film, this was just a much more sober take on a very serious issue.