Disney Will Finally Put 28 Day Delay in Place Still Skeptical of UltraViolet - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Disney Will Finally Put 28 Day Delay in Place Still Skeptical of UltraViolet

The company will only be selling directly to rental sources that agree to the delay.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/dis...raviolet-26354
Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM

28 Days Later? I did not know Disney made that film.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:02 PM

lol

Whatever, I don't even rent anymore. If I do not see it in theaters, and I do not buy it, I do not bother worrying about seeing it because studios obviously don't care if I see it or not these days.

I do not understand what UltraViolet even is. All I know is when I bought something that said, it comes with an UltraViolet digital copy, I got home and got made because there was no digital copy for UltraViolet in my case.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
If I do not see it in theaters, and I do not buy it, I do not bother worrying about seeing it because studios obviously don't care if I see it or not these days.
That shouldn't be how one decides on experiencing art. Just saying.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
lol
I do not understand what UltraViolet even is. All I know is when I bought something that said, it comes with an UltraViolet digital copy, I got home and got made because there was no digital copy for UltraViolet in my case.
I think it's just a piece of paper with a code on it and you have to log in to a website and download it. Only useful for broadband subscribers or maybe 4G. Actually it's not useful to me anyway. Why would I play a movie that way?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
When asked why Disney has waited nearly three years to impose the new-release embargoes compared with delays imposed by other studios, such as Warner Home Video, Universal Studios Home Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, among others, Iger said the studio had worried there was nothing to be gained by the delays and would actually hurt sellthrough.
So, basically, what you are saying is that you had it right to begin with, but just have this overwhelming need to screw something up?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
That shouldn't be how one decides on experiencing art. Just saying.
Let's take Super 8 for a prim example, as the majority of people I have heard from say it is great. The trailer showed me nothing but children trying to chase down an alien rather than an actual alien type movie. As such, I was not sold on it and did not go to theaters. I was curious when it came out on video, but it is not available to stream anywhere, and I have not seen it at Red box. As such, I lost my interest in wanting to see it because I am busy and have other things to watch.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 PM

Looks like Disney movies will still be in the top pirated movies list....

They need to go to a straight to bare-bones DVD/Blu-Ray same day as theatrical release and be done with it...
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Let's take Super 8 for a prim example, as the majority of people I have heard from say it is great. The trailer showed me nothing but children trying to chase down an alien rather than an actual alien type movie. As such, I was not sold on it and did not go to theaters. I was curious when it came out on video, but it is not available to stream anywhere, and I have not seen it at Red box. As such, I lost my interest in wanting to see it because I am busy and have other things to watch.
So you are saying you have a short attention span and are easily forget [SQUIRREL!!]...what were we talking about?
Old 02-14-2012, 03:57 AM

Will they never learn? Windows only lead to increased piracy. They could be making so much more money if only they had the balls to change their business model.