'Three Outlaw Samurai' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-08-2012, 09:01 PM

Default 'Three Outlaw Samurai' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed the Criterion release of 'Three Outlaw Samurai.' He's glad he saw this one, as it's the best Samurai movie he has ever seen. This Blu-ray features great video and audio but little in the way of extras. Still, this release is highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6152/three_samurai.html
Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 AM

This looks pretty good. If I had more money i'd pick up a bunch of Criterion movies. Since i'm big on japanese stuff i'll probably either grab this or Godzilla (btw, is that going to be reviewed?)
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
This looks pretty good. If I had more money i'd pick up a bunch of Criterion movies. Since i'm big on japanese stuff i'll probably either grab this or Godzilla (btw, is that going to be reviewed?)
I'm waiting on a damn Criterion sale, where are they?!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 AM

my biggest fear with borders going out of business was that barnes and noble probably has less incentive to have their 50% off sales anymore since there's not really any competition other than amazon in selling criterion stuff
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipp jackson View Post
my biggest fear with borders going out of business was that barnes and noble probably has less incentive to have their 50% off sales anymore since there's not really any competition other than amazon in selling criterion stuff
Well, we used to have Deep Discount having amazing Criterion sales around November, I think? REALLY GOOD Criterion sale. They never did one last year, losers.

Even Criterion did their own sale, which was decent, and I enjoy giving them my money directly versus a retailer.

So between Barnes, Amazon, Criterion online store, and Deep Discount, I'm hoping at least 1 continues a Criterion sale every now and then.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:56 PM

This sounds like a fun watch. Looking forward to a good sale.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Banned

WOW. This review makes me want to RUN SCREAMING from this movie. thanks for the warning.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodanbrlam View Post
WOW. This review makes me want to RUN SCREAMING from this movie. thanks for the warning.
You swapped your comments for this and Courageous.... Which is pretty funny.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipp jackson View Post

Borders is still competing against Best Buy, Frys, Walmart, Amazon, countless Online Retailers, and various more. I think it's safe to say they'll have more. Borders sells DVD and BDs. They'll have sales to drive in more sales.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Borders is still competing against Best Buy, Frys, Walmart, Amazon, countless Online Retailers, and various more. I think it's safe to say they'll have more. Borders sells DVD and BDs. They'll have sales to drive in more sales.
Borders doesn't sell anything anymore. I think you meant to say Barnes & Noble.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.