'The Dead' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Default 'The Dead' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'The Dead.' He says Zombie fans should be happy with this one, but others may want to give it a rent. Either way, read the review to find out why this one is worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6178/the_dead.html
Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 AM

I'm loving the resurgence of zombie movies in recent years. Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, The Walking Dead (TV). Really entertaining stuff.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 PM

The ending was blah, but the rest was a very welcome return to normalcy. You can just sit back and watch this and just feel that sense of worry about whats around the corner. It doesn't have antagonists that are cheetah speed demons that run you down. the zombies effects are great and look better than any of the CGI crap that out there today. Its nice to see squibs again and not computer blood
Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 PM

Looking forward to this. Trying to rack my brain to come up with with other well made Zombie flics in the last 10 years other than the usual 28 days, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM

I wonder what M. Enois meant by this "A couple of new supplements sets this package apart from its U.K. counterpart, but remains a bit of a disappointment."

Like, as in the supplements relative to the UK release or the film itself was a bit of a disappointment?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM

The disappointment comment is only in reference to the supplements, which is rather small for such a good movie.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 02-02-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Looking forward to this. Trying to rack my brain to come up with with other well made Zombie flics in the last 10 years other than the usual 28 days, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake?
Shaun of the Dead, of course.