"American Pie", "American Pie 2" and "American Wedding" are coming March 13 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2012, 11:26 PM

Default "American Pie", "American Pie 2" and "American Wedding" are coming March 13

"American Pie" and its two sequels--"American Pie 2" and "American Wedding"--are up for pre-order at Amazon:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6427...an_pie_us.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6428/american_pie2.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6429...n_wedding.html

Last edited by Landy; 01-14-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 PM

Too bad there is no 3-pack for a great deal. Individually, I wouldn't pay more than $7.99 each.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 PM

Kind of unrelated....but when the heck is Road Trip coming to BluRay?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Too bad there is no 3-pack for a great deal. Individually, I wouldn't pay more than $7.99 each.
I see these being in the $5.99 sales in the not too distant future. Maybe next Xmas at the latest. I'm sure they're just trying to milk it while the new movie is getting ready for launch.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Agreed though I would pay as much as $9.99. Hopefully Bestbuy or Amazon will have a 3-pack
Old 01-17-2012, 10:03 AM

American Reunion is coming to theaters on April 6th. I will just wait for the four pack to come out.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167...-trailer.jhtml
Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM

eh, I might pay a little more than others here would, but not that much more. A nice 3-pack would be more enticing.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 PM

Seriously: 3 of the best gross-out comedies on ? Great!
But do I really NEED them as I already own the DVD-Pak? Not so sure.
Do I want them at $20 a pop? Definitely NOT!

Oh well, let the waiting begin
Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Former Member

Got these in for review for this wonderful site we're all on, and wanted to comment on something weird as hell:

American Pie: Blu-ray + DVD + paper based DC
American Pie 2: Blu-ray + DVD + paper based DC
American Wedding: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy disc and code.

Why the lack of continuity? Why aren't all 3 one way or another? The DC disc is loose in a sleeve, too. Not a 3 disc case.

I hate slipcovers, but i do love how the spines look on them. WAY more attractive than the disc art spine, due to the red/white/blue contrast rather than just white and red. also annoying: DISC AUTOSTART. it made sense on Columbus Circle, a rare super-bare bones Uni disc, but these? LAME!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Got these in for review for this wonderful site we're all on, and wanted to comment on something weird as hell:

American Pie: Blu-ray + DVD + paper based DC
American Pie 2: Blu-ray + DVD + paper based DC
American Wedding: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy disc and code.

Why the lack of continuity? Why aren't all 3 one way or another? The DC disc is loose in a sleeve, too. Not a 3 disc case.

I hate slipcovers, but i do love how the spines look on them. WAY more attractive than the disc art spine, due to the red/white/blue contrast rather than just white and red. also annoying: DISC AUTOSTART. it made sense on Columbus Circle, a rare super-bare bones Uni disc, but these? LAME!
Maybe "Wedding" was prepped for release some time ago--and shelved--and the other, earlier, films, weren't and are "newer", pressed after?

Sucks about the menus. Uni started that with "To Kill A Mockingbird" I believe. "All Quiet on the Western Front" and "Billy Elliot" are the same way.

I'm very curious about the transfers on these and eagerly await your reviews, Nate. Hopefully they don't look too outrageously awful. Then again, it's Universal so maybe that's too much to ask. I honestly expect nothing more than mediocrity, hope for something other than a steaming pile of DNR-and-EE-slathered shit.

We'll see....