'Contagion' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 PM

Default 'Contagion' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron Peck has reviewed 'Contagion.' He thought this was one of the most thrilling movies of 2011. This Blu-ray features strong audio and video and a few extras. Recommended.

Full review here:
http://www.bluray.highdefdigest.com/6228/contagion.html
Old 01-03-2012, 05:57 PM

If you wish this movie had been less reserved and classy, and more over the top and zany, check out "Billionaires, Bullets, Exploding Monkeys," where a virus works so quickly that it literally makes monkeys...well...explode. Bet ya didn't see that one coming, did ya?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nandscathed-20
Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 AM

My review - YAAAAAAAAWN. Without a doubt the dullest movie I saw in 2011. At least Apollo 18 had a decent concept.

SEE: 12 Monkeys.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 AM

Enjoyed this movie. Very much.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 AM

"Contagion" is undeniably a competently made picture.

It's a showcase of terrific performances (although a few odd casting choices left me quite puzzled) and occasionally cool cinematography; the sort of general craftsmanship you expect from someone of Soderberg's caliber. A tight, well directed, entertaining thriller. But, ultimately, also entirely predicable and kinda forgettable. I mean, I liked it... but, well, it was basically a slick remake of a dozen deadly virus features--"The Andromeda Strain" smashed together with "Outbreak", basically.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 AM

Also, is anyone else having an issue with the link in the first post? I keep getting an error and need to forcibly redirect to see the review (or I can use the link on the front page, which is fine).

In fact, the whole site's been sorta screwy for me tonight. Slow and I keep getting timeout errors. Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just my crappy ISP? (I don't discount the latter at all; Time Warner sucks). :/
Old 01-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
My review - YAAAAAAAAWN. Without a doubt the dullest movie I saw in 2011.
I completely agree. Soooooo boring. I actually dosed off about halfway through. Had to watch the 2nd half of the movie on another day and almost didn't make it through without falling asleep again.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Also, is anyone else having an issue with the link in the first post? I keep getting an error and need to forcibly redirect to see the review (or I can use the link on the front page, which is fine).

In fact, the whole site's been sorta screwy for me tonight. Slow and I keep getting timeout errors. Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just my crappy ISP? (I don't discount the latter at all; Time Warner sucks). :/
Nah, the site was having troubles yesterday. Not your, or your ISP's fault. We were even having trouble posting reviews.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 01-04-2012, 03:15 PM

I found this movie to be mediocre but somewhat watchable.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Nah, the site was having troubles yesterday. Not your, or your ISP's fault. We were even having trouble posting reviews.
K, thanks Aaron.