'Justified: The Complete Second Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Default 'Justified: The Complete Second Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has just reviewed 'Justified: The Complete Second Season.' He says this is a great show. With solid audio and video, this season comes highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4698/justified_s2.html
Old 12-23-2011, 02:33 AM

Sony WTF? Whats up w the jan 3 release date i really wanted to buy this as a xmas gift for my dad who just got turned on to show and hasnt seen 2nd season. By the time jan 3 gets here my dad wouldnt even feel good about me buying him another gift after xmas and after all the money ive spent on presents there's no way im gonna buy this for myself.

Why jan 3? i could even understand it being released this tues the 27th bc almost all retailers will put the tues new releases on the shelf mon to cash in on the flood of refunds and gift card purchases. By jan 3 that flood will b a trickle, by the time the sting of all the money the money ive spent in past month has worn off and im ready to b sucked into an impulse buy, my dad and i will have both rented from netfilx and my impulse buy will b something else.

Im just upset bc i love this show and it would have been a perfect xmas gift. It also annoys bc even though justified gets critical praise its nowhere near as well known as it should b and doesnt have the highest ratings so it needs all the support it can get through blu ray and dvd sales and sony seems to b doing everything in its power to handicap those. Its bad enough they couldnt get the vita out in time for xmas but at least that is a complex piece of technology where manufactoring problems come into play. Not releasing one of the best shows on tv in time for holidays kinda seems symbolic of where sony is a company today.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:34 AM

great review btw, totaly agree with everything aaron wrote about show
Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 AM

Can't wait to see the 2nd season. Loved the first season and all the nods to Deadwood it had.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:30 AM

Are they filming a 3rd season or is this going to be it?
Old 12-23-2011, 09:30 AM

Cool

The third season premieres about a week after this set streets. Just enough time to catch up.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:35 AM

Red face Great review! Great show!

Agree with everything Aaron said. Have been "hooked" on this show from day 1.

'Course as a 66 year-old retired (lady) teacher, I'm not sure I'm the demographic that the creators of this stunning show were going for. But they got me.

Huge Timothy Olyphant fan since I discovered him in "Deadwood." (Another wonderful - albiet way too short - show).

Agree with "Moseman" wishing season 2 had come out on DVD before Christmas. My husband did not see season 2. Was hoping we'd be able to start viewing it "waaaaaaay" before the January 17 debut of season 3. I've already seen season 2. Look forward to rewatching again. and again. It really is about the dialogue.

C'est la vie.

Sure wish this outstanding story experience would have gotten more "love" from Golden Globes. Some people have no taste. grins.

Samsung UNB7100 55" LED HDTV; Onkyo SR 600 SS; Samsung BD-C5500 BD Player (LR Home Theater)
Samsung LNC530 40" LCD HDTV; Samsung BD-C5500 BD Player (Downstairs Office/no additional sound system)
289 BD titles and counting
Recent Additions: "The Help" "Midnight in Paris" "The Borgias/1"
Old 12-23-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosman22 View Post
Sony WTF? Whats up w the jan 3 release date i really wanted to buy this as a xmas gift for my dad who just got turned on to show and hasnt seen 2nd season. By the time jan 3 gets here my dad wouldnt even feel good about me buying him another gift after xmas and after all the money ive spent on presents there's no way im gonna buy this for myself.

Why jan 3? i could even understand it being released this tues the 27th bc almost all retailers will put the tues new releases on the shelf mon to cash in on the flood of refunds and gift card purchases. By jan 3 that flood will b a trickle, by the time the sting of all the money the money ive spent in past month has worn off and im ready to b sucked into an impulse buy, my dad and i will have both rented from netfilx and my impulse buy will b something else.
Well, they've got to release something in January. The studio can't release everything in December and then just sit on its hands for a month.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Default No Region B playback

Anyone with a Region B player interested in this title like me will sadly have to forget it.
I got this for Xmas as the packaging states it is Region B compatible. It does not however play on my Region B player and gives a message stating that there is a mismatch between the disc and player region codes. Looks like the art department at Sony botched up on the sleeve specs!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Got finished with season 2 last night. Got through the whole season in 2 days. Besides 1 subplot that felt rather stupid, great season.

Spoiler
I am referring the Gary hiring that weird looking dude to kill Harlan, I don't buy it, Gary was never in competition for the exwife. Not even sure why they had him show up to confront Harlan about it in the beginning of the season. We should of seen why Winona would of left Harlan for his dumbass. He's supposed to be a good salesman?

But other than that, loved it. Wish a few more Deadwood alums would of showed up like in the 1st season...oh well. Now to wait another year for season 3.