'Apollo 18' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 PM

Default 'Apollo 18' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Apollo 18.' He says three-quarters of the movie make for a decent spook-fest, but it fails at offering a satisfying conclusion. This Blu-ray features great-looking video, equally strong audio, and supplements that are nothing special. Best as a rental.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5831/apollo_18.html
Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 PM

Great idea. Lousy everything else.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:23 AM

Haven't seen it yet, not sure if I will. I recall this one sat on the shelf for quite awhile and it had at least 2 release dates but I'm thinking it was more like 3. Never a good sign when a company doesn't want to release a film. I give it credit though because this movie has turned a profit.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:02 PM

I am actually quite surprised this movie even got 2 stars, it was absolutely horrible. I nearly walked out of the theater, but I just kept saying "Surely it will get better". It didn't - it went from bad to worse. Much of the first half of the movie is the astronauts doing astronauty stuff, stuff we have seen before.

Spoiler
Then they find that Soviet craft with the dead cosmonaut. And it just keeps getting worse. The dumbest part - this was supposedly "found" footage, but this is the last mission to the moon, and everyone dies. Not even a reference as to how the footage got back to Earth. Absolutely garbage

Do yourself a favor and avoid this movie. The movie is garbage. Worse than Cowboys vs Aliens even. Don't say I didn't warn you!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
Haven't seen it yet, not sure if I will. I recall this one sat on the shelf for quite awhile and it had at least 2 release dates but I'm thinking it was more like 3. Never a good sign when a company doesn't want to release a film. I give it credit though because this movie has turned a profit.

To be fair, it wasn't the quality of the flick. Miramax had several flicks line up ready for release before it was acquired by Disney, so many of them (including this one) were pushed back. Some stayed and some were released by other studios.