'Hugo' and 'Hugo - 3D' are coming February 28 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-21-2011, 02:22 PM

Default 'Hugo' and 'Hugo - 3D' are coming February 28

Hugo
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6319/hugo.html

Hugo - 3D
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6320/hugo_3d.html

Last edited by Landy; 01-31-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:55 PM

For movies like this- 3D from conception- isn't it time to just issue a single (3D) release? After all, just like with surround sound, the disc will still function properly and display to the best of your equipment, if you don't have the gear to take advantage of the 3D presentation. We don't issue separate releases with and without surround sound, so why are we doing this?
Old 12-21-2011, 03:28 PM

This movie was amazing.

Hate the 2D cover art.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
For movies like this- 3D from conception- isn't it time to just issue a single (3D) release? After all, just like with surround sound, the disc will still function properly and display to the best of your equipment, if you don't have the gear to take advantage of the 3D presentation. We don't issue separate releases with and without surround sound, so why are we doing this?
Because this way they can Charge you more for the 3D version and also this way if you dont have 3D now maybe you will double dip in the future.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:02 PM

Gotta disagree, Doctorossi. I don't yet have 3D tv but I plan to get one in the next couple of years. Meanwhile, with releases that include 3d and 2d blu ray discs, I can have my cake and eat it early. By watching the sales carefully, I can get and have already gotten great packages for less than the standard 2d-only package. Some titles I've purchased for 20 bucks or so include the Disney Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, A Christmas Carol and the latest Narnia movie. And I'll be off to order the brilliant HUGO 3d release as soon as I finish this email. May you all have a great holiday season!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
Gotta disagree, Doctorossi. I don't yet have 3D tv but I plan to get one in the next couple of years.
And? A lot of people don't have surround systems, but they buy and use surround-encoded discs, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
Meanwhile, with releases that include 3d and 2d blu ray discs, I can have my cake and eat it early. By watching the sales carefully, I can get and have already gotten great packages for less than the standard 2d-only package.
Perhaps you're misunderstanding my point. I'm talking about getting rid of the 2D-only package, not the 3D package.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertX View Post
Because this way they can Charge you more for the 3D version
If they got rid of the 2D-only package, they could charge everyone more for the 3D version.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I still have yet to understand why the need for different covers. The movie poster was laboriously designed by someone, why not stick with something tried and true?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
If they got rid of the 2D-only package, they could charge everyone more for the 3D version.
I think its a given that the studios are charging as much as they can on new releases for the mass market. The retailer+consumer+price relationship is pretty complex and probably doesn't just boil down to "Hey idea; lets just tack five bucks onto the price and make more money!"
Old 12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertX View Post
Because this way they can Charge you more for the 3D version and also this way if you dont have 3D now maybe you will double dip in the future.
You got that right mister! ...Money is always the ultimate drive behind anything in life!
And that is the reality from the very beginning of times, and will always be till the end of times!

Nothing is freely offered to people with true compassion, intelligence, heart, sense and sensibility... Never!
Unless you don't have anything to gain from it...

That is the very foundation of our economic system; Capitalism.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!