'Colombiana' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-20-2011, 01:46 PM

Default 'Colombiana' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Colombiana.' He says this movie is mostly comprised of empty spectacle. This Blu-ray features eye-popping video, excellent audio, and a small assortment of lackluster extras. This this a rental if you're interested.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6031/colombiana.html
Old 12-20-2011, 03:13 PM

Zoe Saldana? Check
Luc Besson? Check
Mindless, yet stylish action? Check.

It will now be giong to the top of the Netflix queue. I really like Besson's take on this genre and I'm sure I'll enjoy this for what it is.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:07 PM

heard VERY mixed feelings on this movie. Definitely will rent first.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
heard VERY mixed feelings on this movie. Definitely will rent first.
same here.. will rent first.. heard mixed reviews as well
Old 12-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Everything you've heard is true. It really is a mediocre pic at best. Not sure if this "unrated" version restores anything, but the theatrical version I saw had really poorly edited (barely comprehensible) action scenes, and generic revenge plot. It felt like they were actively pushing for the PG-13 rating. But still worth a rent just for the hotness that is Zoe Saldana.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 AM

yeah, I'm an action buff & found this pretty mediocre stuff. the most standard revenge movie you could see, nothing special. sometimes a standard plot (father rescues daughter-Taken) can be well executed & result in a great flick despite all its cliches. Imo this isn't one of them. I actually enjoyed The Mechanic more than this movie, maybe cause in that flick I didn't have to be distracted by Zoe Saldana's sexy body & annoying hysterics.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 PM

I agree with everyone else. I was really hoping for something awesome from this flick but ended up with a watered down, lukewarm, and very predictable action flick. Zoe definitely deserves her own action vehicle--I hope this doesn't ruin her chances.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:17 PM

I agree that it's pretty mediocre. Zoe is lookin' hawt and is the only thing that made the movie somewhat interesting. Looks like it had some potential if it had been edited by someone else and they went for a straight balls-to-the-wall Rated R revenge flick. Also, it needed more of a back story to the love interest so we care about what happens. I rented this from redbox and unfortunately, they only carry the PG-13 version. Guessing this is another attempt from the studio to give people a reason to buy the unrated version (by not allowing people to rent that version). No thanks, not buying, if anything, it makes me tempted to get the unrated version through other means. Is there anyone who's seen both versions that can tell us the differences?
Old 12-24-2011, 04:54 PM

The trailers looked great for this, but the film was lousy. Does the Unrated add anything back, like violence or blood? The theatrical release was PG-13.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Luc Besson's new girlfriend?