'A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-18-2011, 08:29 PM

Default 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed the 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 : Freddy's Revenge / A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (Double Feature).' Read his review to get the full scoop on this double feature release.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5357/nightmare_2_3.html
Old 12-19-2011, 01:00 AM

Got these on DVD and have no desire to upgrade. The 1st one was a classic, but most of the rest sucked. 2 is by far the worse of the entire series. This is defintely a classic case of a franchise that has NOT aged well with time.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 AM

Meh, the first one and New Nightmare are the only ones that matter. The rest are fine on DVD.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Meh, the first one and New Nightmare are the only ones that matter. The rest are fine on DVD.
My thoughs exactly. I've got the DVD set. I don't need to buy the movies again, apart from the first one.

Then Amazon UK lowered the price for the complete set to 25 (20.83 if you live outside EU), and I changed my mind
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Should I assume I made a wise choice by buying the import?

Quote:
Warner Brothers offers 'Freddy's Revenge' and 'Dream Warriors' on the same Region Free, BD50 disc and housed inside a blue eco-case.
I assume the import has 1 disc per disc and probably higher bitrate?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Should I assume I made a wise choice by buying the import?

I assume the import has 1 disc per disc and probably higher bitrate?
per Amazon uk's site(and confirmed on another site)...

Quote:
DVD Description
The Nightmare On Elm Street Collection features 7 films across 4 Blu-ray discs plus a disc of bonus content.
The bonus disc is a dvd and in PAL format for those care.....

Old 12-19-2011, 01:44 PM

I have the UK import, the films are 2 per disc. Which really doesn't matter since Warner tends to put it's catalog movies on single layer BD discs, and the discs in the Nightmare set are dual layer discs.

The UK set is well worth it, it works out to under $10 per film, and you get the same transfers that the US will eventually get. I only wish it included Freddy VS Jason. As a true Nightmare fan, I feel all the films are worth owning, even crappy old part 2 lol. The neat thing about these is that always tried different things, for better or worse. Unlike "Friday the 13th part whatever" where Jason stalks through the woods killing another set of dumb teens.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:55 PM

with 1 and 8 already on blu and now this, i imagine there will eventually be a 4/5 and 6/7 disc down the line. then i can see them shove it all in some boxset. i doubt it'll be anything special but considering the New Line that made and cared about Freddy died with the merger with WB, that will probably be the best we'll get so i'll be patient and get that one day.

i'm not into importing but even if i was, the UK set lacks FVJ so i dont want it as its not complete. lol
Old 12-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
The UK set is well worth it, it works out to under $10 per film, .
Actually, the latest price I had ordered them under was about $5 per movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post

The bonus disc is a dvd and in PAL format for those care.....

Of which my Philips 5982 will play just fine on my NTSC tv : )