Underrated and Overrated BD Movies by Hidef! - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 11:05 PM

Default Underrated and Overrated BD Movies by Hidef!

Movies that I disagree the "oficial" review of the website:

GODZILLA: I totally disagree with the review, the movie was decent, not a pretty good movie of GOJIRA itself, but the FXs are awesome: both video and audio are epic win, even sounds better than others late movies.

PJ King Kong 05: Again another epic fail of the reviewer, the movie was pretty good, too long but good movie.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Former Member

could these statements not go in the individual threads for the reviews that you disagree with in particular? a generic "shit on" thread doesn't seem to have the constructive abilities that one would imagine to be helpful to readers to interact and debate these issues if the entire point is to literally take aim and defecate on someone's views.

also, since opinions are a wonderful thing: i can't help but poke back and agree with the reviewers that both of those films in question are massively bloated and awful, hence earning their respective scores. King Kong is too masturbatory and wastes far too much time, a sign that Jackson really lost track of his narrative abilities after Lord of the Rings and fans wanting 18 hour editions. Godzilla, meanwhile, i felt was shit the first time i saw it when it first hit home video years ago, and since then, i've seen literally thousands upon thousands of films. my view of it is even harsher. it's typical Emmerich bullshit.

give me pre-lord of the rings Jackson. THAT guy knew how to entertain.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

^ Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:10 AM

yeah, there's really no reason to rip on somebody's taste in movies. if everybody loved the same things and hated the same things, the world would be a boring place.

but it is nice to get an opinion on more than just the audio and video quality.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Though there are few understandable moments of softness throughout, the video displays great, distinct clarity as well, making this an appreciable improvement over the HD DVD release from 2007 (which looked quite good in its day!).
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3269...glebowski.html
Old 12-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Thumbs up My take. ...From the Blus.

'Godzilla' = Fun flick.

'King Kong (2005)' = Cool flick.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
^ Couldn't have said it better myself!
except that i trashed Peter Jackson, and you later went on to disagree with my feelings on the films themselves.

did you not read the post?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 PM

I think HDD absolutely has the best and most thorough BD reviews on the internet. When I do a google search of "*** blu-ray review", I always seek out this site's reviews first. Actually their opinion on the PQ/AQ is secondary to me, and I'm more interested in what they think of the movie itself and especially the special features. Their detailed reviews of the special features are just amazing.

Kudos to the HDD review staff!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:06 AM

I never usually pay much attention to the reviews of the movie because the rating for PQ and AQ is what I want to see. I was actually surprised by the low review on Avatar because I thought I was the only one that hated that movie.

Far as the PQ ratings I can only think of two that I disagreed with the reviewer on and that was Superman and Halloween. Superman was not a four star presentation and Halloween was, yet it got a paltry two star. I understand this is all opinion and I'm not bashing the people that made those opinions. I usually agree with most of them.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I think HDD absolutely has the best and most thorough BD reviews on the internet. When I do a google search of "*** blu-ray review", I always seek out this site's reviews first. Actually their opinion on the PQ/AQ is secondary to me, and I'm more interested in what they think of the movie itself and especially the special features. Their detailed reviews of the special features are just amazing.

Kudos to the HDD review staff!
I second that!! It's the first site I go to on a daily basis and I trust their reviews more than any other site's. I also think we have the most knowledgable members on this site as well. Several of you guys always have an answer (and it is most often the correct, sound one) to my on going inquires. So, as bruceames has already said: kudos to the HDD review site and kudos to my fellow HDD brothas and sistas!!
Closed Thread