'Transformers Prime: Season One' is coming March 6 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Default 'Transformers Prime: Season One' is coming March 6

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6262..._prime_s1.html
Old 12-10-2011, 02:19 PM

Transformers Prime is watchable.. caught majority of the season on The Hub channel.. although watchable, Trans Prime is nowhere near the radar of Generation 1 or Beast Wars
Old 12-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Watchable? I guess compared to the movies, yes, but gold shit is still shit, which is what this show is. It's terrible, its cheap looking, the music sucks, and the plot is paper thin and dumb. The only thing that was well done in the show was a battle scene that was done from the point of view from the little brats. Outside of that, this show sucks. I would rather they brought Animated to BD instead.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:59 PM

I have read pretty great reviews about this show. Would love to get it, if it is not region locked (I live in Europe).
Old 12-13-2011, 01:35 PM

guess i'll be the first positive comment. lol

i love the show and think its great. it has beautiful animation for a tv series and after watching Beast Wars over the last week, it really shows how far CGI for tv has come. not to mention Beast Wars has turned into a cheesy parody just like GI with time but thats nobody's fault and i'm just saying. lol i wanna say i find it better than GI but that original show is so engrained in my brain and being, i'm much too biased to make that fair assessment. :P but while i've never gone and rewatched my GI dvds and it'll be the same for Beast Wars, this is a show i can see rechecking out.

anyway i'm glad this is hitting blu-ray. when they released the mini-series on dvd only i feared the same would happen to this eventual release since kids shows tend to not come to blu often even thought most are made and aired in HD these days. and of course its nice to see they didnt screw over fans and included the mini-series on this since its indeed part of the season.

its too bad Welker doesn't use his original Megatron voice though, that woulda been cool. but the funny thing is his new voice walks the line between his original and Hugo Weaving's take in the live action movies. makes me wonder if Bay woulda hired him for the part had he used this voice during the audition. and in advance of anyone complaining about the kids, they arent any worse than Spike, Chip, Daniel and Carly were...and Sparkplug though hes obviously not a kid. lol
Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 AM

The CGI is beautiful? Are we watching the same show? The Transformers Prime I watched had desolate empty streets with no people, very little cars parked, no one was driving. The faces of the characters are flat and bland. Beast Wars had detailed mouths and faces, Prime's face in this new show looks so boring.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:50 PM

considering we've seen barely 20mins (if that) of the town the kids live in in the whole season, not sure what is expected as far as population and cars is concerned. especially since they live in a tiny nowhere town so of course its empty and things. but of course being a tv CGI show, they are limited by budget to what they can show and the detail involved. thats why both this and Beast Wars take place in wide open and empty desert landscapes. its easier to do without needing much detail. its the same reason both shows featured small teams and you rarely saw everyone together when they did get bigger.

as for the characters themselves, they look fine to me but more importantly they move very fluidly. thats the curse of early CGI shows like Beast Wars, Reboot and the like, the animation is blocky and stiff which detracts a lot. now in both their cases it improves greatly during each show's run so i can only imagine how great Prime will look when/if they reach their 3rd or 4th year.

and of course we're only seeing this play in SD on cable so i bet the blu-ray will be that much better and more detailed. i'm sure even the mini-series dvd looks better than tv since both BW and Reboot look pretty good color and detail wise on dvd compared to when they aired. but alas this is just my opinion and you can't please everyone so if you hate it that much then its easy to avoid.

but i will agree with one thing and that's Prime's face. when he has a mouth it does look weird but you get used to it quickly if you follow the show. but yeah, they should have just left the plate up like the original cartoon. i sorta get why he had a mouth in live action but there was no need here. but everyone else looks good to me. the animation style and design is a nice mix of the live action movies and that cartoony style from Animated.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 AM

I've enjoyed the series.

As soon as I got over the shock of the Anime-influenced animation, and after the initial mini-series the story started to expand and pick-up. I would have liked to see more Autobots join instead of the brief appearances of others.

All-in-all it was a decent show. I've not seen Beast Wars except for one episode which I didn't like so its hard to compare. I will eventually watch Beast Wars if It streams on Netflix and give it more of a chance than one episode.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Beast Wars was pretty cool, its very different in tone and style but its not bad. Not sure how its built up this huge fanbase but thats why everyone has their own opinion. And despite being from the early days of CGI tv, the animation improves dramatically quite fast. The first season is rough but it gets better and by season 2 there's a huge jump in quality.

As for this show, i've already expressed my feelings up there so i'll shut up but just say YAY. :P