'Fifth Element (remastered) - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Fifth Element (remastered) - High-Def Digest review

Peter's review of Sony's remastered Blu-ray edition of 'Fifth Element' is up. He says this upgraded version of the disc doesn't disappoint, turning in a video transfer that's leaps and bounds better than the much-maligned previous edition, and even a bonus Dolby TrueHD track.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/fift...emastered.html
Old 07-17-2007, 01:33 PM

This is terrific news! I'll be picking it up today!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 07-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Banned

Wow! Even new releases don't always rate that high.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM

i always disliked the movie, I have seen it on tv for around 2 times, never liked it but i dont hate it either.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:11 PM

My order is on the way. UPS show up today!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 PM

Oh please peter. I'll tell you what you can do with that 3/5 "movie itself score"

This is one of the best sci-fis of all time.

I'm going to run out dureing lunch to buy this. 4.5pq, 4.5sq, and one of the best sci-fis made is hardly only worth a look. MUST FRIGGEN HAVE!

I saw this on store shelves yesterday at the sticker on it actually said remasters. IT was $29.99 so i went to frys to see if they put it out early and they only had the old versions on shelves.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM

I have had this pre-ordered for awhile. I saw it this last weekend at Target but it was 24.99 and I have it comming from Amazon for 19.99 w/10% off so I figured I would wait. I also checked for it at Fry's with their 2 for 25 deal on Sony titles but they only had the old versions. I got the original for 9.99 when it came out so its ok. I am going to give it to my friend so that he can exchange it. I don't like waiting what I am sure will be weeks for the new one and I am anal about the little things like the case being different especially on my favorite movie of all time.

[Rant]Speaking of my favorite movie of all time...... worth a look ? hmmmmm.... you have it a 4.5/5 and a 4.5/5 and it gets worth a look ! [/rant]
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM

Glad they went back and cleaned this one up. Looks like they did a great job. Still think the movie was bad and I still wont be picking it up, but others who enjoyed the film will be pleased. Is this whole ''remastered'' thing the start of another sales pitch to get you to spend money on a movie you already own? Kind of like ''the next gen of double dipping''.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Glad they went back and cleaned this one up. Looks like they did a great job. Still think the movie was bad and I still wont be picking it up, but others who enjoyed the film will be pleased. Is this whole ''remastered'' thing the start of another sales pitch to get you to spend money on a movie you already own? Kind of like ''the next gen of double dipping''.
No its not double dipping because Sony offered free replacement to everyone who bought the original version.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM

I never got the old one, but I'll be getting this new one asap! Sony should have put VC1 on the label; bet it woud have received 5 stars then. LOL