'Torchwood: Miracle Day' is coming April 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Default 'Torchwood: Miracle Day' is coming April 3

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6256...d_miracle.html

Last edited by Landy; 02-17-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:37 AM

Awesome, I have been wanting to see the fourth season, but it never aired on BBC America nor could I find it on my Doctor Who download places.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:20 PM

Default Seriously, Too Little too late

Why did they wait so long to get this on Blu-Ray. Do these companies not realize that they are competing against the black market that is the internet.

I truly would love to have bought these off iTunes if they had been available when it was actually viable, but since it was on Starz (the main problem here) in the US it was pretty much restrictively kept off any downloading or streaming (Pay or Netflix) until I believe very very recently, possibly not even available on iTunes even now.

Then when they did finally put it on Netflix ( of which I was very very excited about) I found that Starz, as usual had decided to make the streaming version, NOT HD!!!!

These guys seriously only want to shoot themselves in the foot, multiple times. Stars has long been the worst provider of streaming content on Netflix routinely making sure that whatever they put on there is in SD rather than HD and even beyond that their encodes of the material suck so bad it looks like something I did in the early to mid nineties without the aid of hardware video encoding.

Pathetic.

I have long since downloaded this from a less than reputable source in pristine 1080p HD with full 5.1 audio and enjoyed it immensely, maybe on day I will purchase it so as not to be a scummy pirate type but I cannot go back to SD viewing legal or not. And in this age when you CHOOSE to only provide an SD copy on the most popular streaming site in the world, you're basically just goading me and others into finding an HD alternative at that point.

Wake the hell up content providers.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Look forward to buying this. I don't really like the dark tone that Torchwood took on at the end of Season 2, so I hope this one's at least a little bit lighter. Doesn't sound that way form the synopsis, but here's hoping!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:30 PM

At least you got to see it streaming. I saw it listed on Neflix and couldn't wait to watch it that weekend. When the weekend rolled around, it was no longer available. I guess I need to pay better attention to the expiration dates, or those dates need to be more prominently displayed when the title is coming up on its expiration.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:52 PM

Don't get your hopes up. This season was just terrible.