'Fright Night (2011)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default 'Fright Night (2011)' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Fright Night (2011)' has just been posted!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5872...ight_2011.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:44 PM
eNoize's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,605
Default

The movie is all kinds of fun -- how a remake should be done! Very tongue-in-cheek and knowing full well of what's doing.

Such a relief to finally see an ACTUAL vampire, instead of the glittery idiocy seen in the Twilight series.
__________________
M. Enois Duarte
High-Def Digest Contributor
Hi-Def Collection
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
The movie is all kinds of fun -- how a remake should be done! Very tongue-in-cheek and knowing full well of what's doing.

Such a relief to finally see an ACTUAL vampire, instead of the glittery idiocy seen in the Twilight series.
I'm waiting for Stephanie Meyers new Twilight series ZOMBIE TRYST "How that brain sucking zombie loved me so much"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Flex Mentallo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,676
Default

The remake is a fun flick. It still doesn't hold a candle to the original. There's a level of characterization in the original that is missing from the remake. I enjoyed this new version, just not enough to pay full price for it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
taygan315's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
The remake is a fun flick. It still doesn't hold a candle to the original. There's a level of characterization in the original that is missing from the remake. I enjoyed this new version, just not enough to pay full price for it.
I understand not wanting to pay full price on this one...that is why I asked my loving family to get it for me (3D version) for Christmas,lol. Aren't I crafty,lol?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,450
Default

I thought that David Tennant was a scream in this, he plays it to the hilt. Had great fun with this one.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 PM
carg0's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24
Default

well, they can't all be as transcendent as Captain America, right Nate? (lol...)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carg0 View Post
well, they can't all be as transcendent as Captain America, right Nate? (lol...)
i didn't quite say transcendent, but zing, yes, i went all nerd on that one.

as for Tennant, this may be the first time he's NOT done it for me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 81
Default

I don't understand what criteria the reviewers use for describing a movie as "HOT".
This one has been labelled as hot , even though the movie has been given 3 stars and the video 3 stars also and the audio 4 stars.
I've seen other reviews recently where the stars given have been higher in all 3 categories but they haven't been labelled as hot, so who decides what is "hot" or not ?
How can you give a movie with 3-3-4 stars a "hot"rating ? Surely that's distinctly average isn't it ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
I don't understand what criteria the reviewers use for describing a movie as "HOT".
This one has been labelled as hot , even though the movie has been given 3 stars and the video 3 stars also and the audio 4 stars.
I've seen other reviews recently where the stars given have been higher in all 3 categories but they haven't been labelled as hot, so who decides what is "hot" or not ?
How can you give a movie with 3-3-4 stars a "hot"rating ? Surely that's distinctly average isn't it ?
I believe HOT means it's currently being clicked on, ie people coming to this site to read the review.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Fright Night (1985)' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 93 12-28-2011 02:33 AM
'Fright Night - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 7 12-16-2011 12:35 AM
'Fright Night' (2011) is coming to Blu-ray/Blu-ray 3D on December 13 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 5 10-18-2011 03:37 PM
Fright Night 3D (2011) Pre-order Plus $5 Coupon bigbadwolfe911 3D Gear & Movies 2 09-09-2011 07:35 PM
Fright Night Remake 2011 - trailer The Limey Film Forum 12 08-03-2011 05:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off