Lion Of Judah (Blu-ray 3D) First Christian 3-D film released on Blu-ray 3-D - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Banned

Default Lion Of Judah (Blu-ray 3D) First Christian 3-D film released on Blu-ray 3-D

On March 27th 2012 the Lion of Judah will be released on Blu-ray 3-D

(This movie will go down in history as the first Christian animated film released in 3-D for both the commercial theaters and on the Blu-ray 3-D format)

Note: The Lion of Judah is the first Christian animated picture released on Blu-ray 3-D and the first Christian motion picture released on Blu-ray 3-D. It should be noted that the Fabric of Time in 3D was the very first Christian title every released on Blu-ray 3-D and the Fabric of Time was also the very first Christian documentary released on Blu-ray 3-D.

There are around 15+ standard 2-D Christian titles that have been released on the Blu-ray format. The Lion of Judah will be the very first 3-D Christian movie to be placed on a Blu-ray 3-D disc. A 2-D version of the Lion of Judah is included also for consumers that do not own 3-D equipment and 3-D displays yet.

What is interesting is this movie is only being released on the Blu-ray format. There will either be no DVD for Lion of Judah or the DVD might be announced at a later time. (Reference: A search on Amazon and other websites shows no DVD release for this title).

This movie is for both children and adults. Its main target audience is children. It’s a story about Jesus Christ being the true sacrificial lamb for people’s sins. Some world religions today still sacrifice animals as a sin offering. Many world religions for several thousands of years since the time of Creation would sacrifice animals as a sin offering. Christianity has been preached around the world for nearly 2,000 years. People that converted to Christianity over the many centuries stopped sacrificing animals as a sin offering since Jesus Christ became the once and only true sacrificial lamb for all time.

Overview

When Judah is taken by the townspeople as a sacrificial lamb, his new zany barnyard friends from Bethlehem embark on an adventuresome journey to save him the week preceding the crucifixion of, The King. Will a lamb's heroic deed on an altar be enough to save the people-folk of their sins, once and for all? This daring quest will take you from the Bethlehem stable, into the Romans Courts passed the great temple, the hillside of Calvary, and onto the empty tomb, as The Stable-Mates come to the rescue! This epic heart-warming story intertwines humor and troublesome situations, while delivering foundational messages with gentleness and breathtaking beauty. For Judah, a lamb with the heart of a lion, it is a story of courage and faith that will lead you to the pivotal voyage of hope which started 30 years ago in Bethlehem, once upon a stable.”

This PG movie on Blu-ray 3-D can be purchased from either Amazon or DVD Empire. Release date 3-27-2012.

DVD Empire pre-order link

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 12-07-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: edited to improve accuracy regarding the first Christian animated film in 3-D
Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM

Wrong!

I saw Cars 2 3D in the pew next to me in church just last Sunday- it's definitely a Christian.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
Wrong!

I saw Cars 2 3D in the pew next to me in church just last Sunday- it's definitely a Christian.
Cars and Cars 2 are secular family movies. Just because you saw Cars 2 in 3-D in your church does not make it a Christian movie. There are many family movies that Disney makes that are for all people regardless of their faith.

The Lion of Judah is the first Blu-ray 3-D with a strong message about Jesus Christ.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
Cars and Cars 2 are secular family movies. Just because you saw Cars 2 in 3-D in your church does not make it a Christian movie. There are many family movies that Disney makes that are for all people regardless of their faith.

The Lion of Judah is the first Blu-ray 3-D with a strong message about Jesus Christ.
I don't think you get jokes.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Former Member

character design and likability, to me, is crucial to wanting to watch an animated feature. that's why titles like Delgo failed so horribly.

the characters on that cover make me want to punch them. that cover makes me want to punch animals in the face. HARD. and i don't just mean the ones featured here. The cover is so ugly i want to seek out animals to fucking punch.

i don't judge books by their covers, but i DO judge whether or not i want to watch an animated feature based off on how the characters look.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
Cars and Cars 2 are secular family movies. Just because you saw Cars 2 in 3-D in your church does not make it a Christian movie.
Cars 2 3D was praying so reverently! And, when I shook its hand and offered a neighborly welcome, it spoke to me of the terrible path it had walked and then of the way it had accepted Jesus Christ into its heart. It is my testament to you that Cars 2 3D is the most Christian of 3D movies I have ever met, and I do believe its release date precedes that of Lion of Judah 3D.

It would behoove you to be more Christian in your acceptance of the brotherhood you share with Cars 2 3D and to welcome Cars 2 3D into your Christian community. After all, it is not every multi-planar cinema entertainment which carries the Lord in its heart.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:45 AM

By the way...

Just between you and me, Clash of the Titans 3D is a dirty muslim.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 AM
Banned

I verified that this Lion of Judah on Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray 2-D combo pack is being released by Warner Studio as a Blu-ray exclusive. A search on Amazon and DVD Empire still shows no planned DVD release. Release date is still March 27th 2012.

According to the specs the package will contain a Blu-ray 3D disc and Blu-ray 2-D disc. The PG movie is getting an English 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio soundtrack. Subtitles option includes: English SDH, French and Spanish. Special features include “The Lion of Judah": Behind the Scenes.
Below is the latest front and rear Blu-ray artwork:

Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 PM

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe mules had Justin Bieber haircuts 2000 years ago.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:38 PM

I also like how it says, "...animated film the entire family will enjoy for years to come" at the top of the back of the case, but at the bottom it says "some material may not be suitable for children."