Halloween II replacement disc program - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default Halloween II replacement disc program

Thanks for thedigitalbits for the post, apparently Universal screwed up the credits for Halloween II. Here is the quote;

Quote:
Universal is offering an exchange program for those of you who purchased their recent Halloween II Blu-ray. As some of you may know, the previous version featured a credit alteration in which the original "Moustapha Akkad presents" credit was replaced with "Universal - an MCA Company presents". Bits reader Matty D. tells us (thanks Matty!) that the studio has now corrected this error and is making replacement discs available. So if you've got the original disc, contact Universal Studios Home Entertainment Consumer Relations by email at [email protected] to arrange your replacement copy.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Sounds like a pretty expensive error. Why a company would offer a replacement disc for something so minor but not offer replacement packaging or discs for other mishaps. This says legal issues all over and that's why they're offering the discs.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Good news, but the timing and the fact it's coming from Universal does make it sound like pressure is coming from outside forces.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 12-01-2011, 01:11 PM

What I'd like to know is WHO made the decision to even CHANGE the credits in the first place? What was the purpose?
Old 12-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
What I'd like to know is WHO made the decision to even CHANGE the credits in the first place? What was the purpose?
Altering intellectual property never made sense to me. We have seen many a movie from a Bankrupt company released under another label, it was made by said bankrupt company so they should maintain the credit for it.
I still don't see why people buy music cds at Walmart for this same reason. If there's the .01% chance that your Yanni cd has been edited because the language police didn't like a certain word, I won't take the chance. They've even left entire songs off cds because of the message, not even the words!