'Bolt - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-18-2011, 04:22 PM

Default 'Bolt - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Bolt - 3D' has just been posted. Read our review to see if it warrants a purchase.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4438/bolt3d.html
Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 PM

I have seen BOLT now on my RS40 and my friends Acer 5360 DLP. On my 40, there was ghosting off and on throughout........not terrible, but its there. On the DLP............nothing, nada, zilch............zero.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

'Bolt' is a cool flick.
And on 3D there is nothing spectacular except for that hamster's transparent bubble cage.

In my book it's worth about ten bucks, or perhaps fifteen at most.

* This is from my own vision on my own display and in my own room with my own impression.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:28 AM

i was able to get the exclusive version much cheaper.. plus i already own the 2D combo set so im good.. no need to upgrade
Old 11-19-2011, 02:37 PM

This one wasn't as funny as I'd hoped. Not terrible, but definitely geared at the kids with not a lot of stuff for adults. I suppose an extreme dislike for anything related to hanna montana probably doesn't help.

No ghosting on my Samsung DLP for what that's worth.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 AM

I mean this with all due respect to Nate...but if a review gets that high of scores for movie itself, pq, and aq...should this not be rated a ''must own'' title?? I understand completely the distaste for the pricing (I agree with Nate) but to not give this title a recommendation because of the price being too high...I just think that's being a bit too critical,imo. How about a overall verdict of ''Must Own..but needs to be cheaper first''?? Otherwise, a great review Nate and thanks for your time that you put into each review you write.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Former Member

too few characters available in that section of the review. when the imports and exclusives have been out for almost a year prior, and were cheaper from the start (25 to 28 bucks for bolt week of release from UK), then it is pretty frustrating. it's like dumbo with the skimped DVD disc, all over again...even if it wasn't a 2 year lag.

i kinda put pricing in mind with recommendations. studios that are demanding high as hell prices for content, with stores not giving good discounts on them, it really does make me say "should i recommend someone buy bolt 3d for double the going price it used to be, or get 2 other films that are newer AND are also combo packs?" i just couldn't do it.

all good, though. i'm kinda picky. i think informing customers something is overpriced is very important.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

I'm all in with that too Nate.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
too few characters available in that section of the review. when the imports and exclusives have been out for almost a year prior, and were cheaper from the start (25 to 28 bucks for bolt week of release from UK), then it is pretty frustrating. it's like dumbo with the skimped DVD disc, all over again...even if it wasn't a 2 year lag.

i kinda put pricing in mind with recommendations. studios that are demanding high as hell prices for content, with stores not giving good discounts on them, it really does make me say "should i recommend someone buy bolt 3d for double the going price it used to be, or get 2 other films that are newer AND are also combo packs?" i just couldn't do it.

all good, though. i'm kinda picky. i think informing customers something is overpriced is very important.
Understand your point. Nothing wrong with being picky...and I totally agree with informing customers that something is overpriced. I was just throwing my subliminal 2 cents into the wind,lol.