'Broken Blade: Complete Collection' is coming February 21 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-18-2011, 02:42 PM

Default 'Broken Blade: Complete Collection' is coming February 21

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6165..._complete.html
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 PM

Have watched three out of the six full length episodes. So far, excellent show. The story, dialog, and most particularly, the animation have been all top notch.

It's definitely aimed at the more older crowd as the story is a bit slower paced, and nothing too flashy both action and animation wise occurs. But that's why I think I love it so much; other than some unfortunate awkward moments of fanservice that feels largely out of place, most of the show is grounded in some surreal sci-fi reality that's both a joy to watch and a breath of fresh air. There are no ultra annoying loud kids/teens running and screaming around, the action has an awesome Bushido blade type feel to it but with mechs, and the art direction and overall quality of the animation is beautiful.

Top it all off with an excellent A/V presentation on Blu-ray with great looking PQ along with a fantastic DTS HD MA track that's loud, crisp, clear, with plenty of nice bass, show's awesome stuff, highly recommended.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 AM

Just finished watching the rest of the show and....didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first half. Went from highly recommended to just barely worth a rental. Story lost focus, action scenes became too unbelievable (but still entertaining), characters got annoying; I especially disliked the extra attention the show put on one of the characters I disliked from the start--that creepy 12 year old girl with the body of a woman, and on top of that, the show introduced way too many characters that were either cookie cutter or just plain unlikeable to me. Uh, I regret blind buying this, looking to sell it.