Review Jurassic Park Trilogy - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-05-2011, 07:09 PM

Cool Review Jurassic Park Trilogy

I found this review today of the Jurassic Park Trilogy while browsing an international (England) site. Looks very promising!!!!

http://hcc.techradar.com/playback/bl...u-ray-05-10-11

Cobra
Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobravenomous View Post
I found this review today of the Jurassic Park Trilogy while browsing an international (England) site. Looks very promising!!!!

http://hcc.techradar.com/playback/bl...u-ray-05-10-11

Cobra
Yeah, some people are saying Jurassic Park is from 11 year old master, thats total bullshit, where do these people get their information, the quality looks much better than you would find on an 11 year old Universal master, i also don't think it looks like blocky grain, it looks natural and as it should to me, not all film grain stock looks the same and i see a noticeable increase in detail, none of the usual Universal "processing" applied, i would be very surprised if Spielberg himself did not sign off on this. I can't speak for the sequels, just commenting on the screencaps of the original.

Why are some people saying this is an 11 year master, i mean c'mon, as i said above, i don't know where they are getting such information from, this looks to me like its going to be a fabulous release ( the original ) the grain levels look correct to me in those screencaps, in motion i bet they give the film a real cinematic look on a normal projection setup.

I'd bet my house on Spielberg having approved this transfer and all the naysayers talking about old masters and blocky grain being wrong and not having a clue about what they are talking about, it looks good to me, mind you when review sites start talking nonsense about too much film grain, well thats why we get DNRed crap, i wish they would stop and wake up and learn a few things, i mean the grain is obscuring the detail, it's a night shot and its dark, unless specifically lit a certain way then its going to be grainier and i would add that its very probable that Spielberg also wanted that grainy look, if you degrain it you will actually lose detail, it will turn to mush, i wish review sites would cut this crap out and just understand why the film grain is there and especially in scenes shot at night or in dark rooms.

You get one person at a site saying its an 11 year old master and then suddenly misinformation spreads across the internet, they should back up these comments with proof because it doesn't look like an 11 year old master they are using.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder View Post
I'd bet my house on Spielberg having approved this transfer
Absolutely, this is an important film for him. Just look at the HD master they created for Minority Report, no way would he let anyone drop the ball on Jurassic Park. Now granted, Jurassic Park was never a very glossy or pretty film, so there may be complaints from people that have grown accustomed to the nuclear colors and black crush of newer films. But I'm confident the BD will represent the source material.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Thanks for posting this OP. Cant wait to get my hands on this release. Looks very promising indeed.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:33 PM

Unless I get this for Xmas, I'm going to wait until I can just get the first one.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 PM

Screencap, screen(c)rap!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I notice the blacks aren't quite black, but then again got to consider what I'm looking at here, not likely a true screen cap. Glad to see they likely left the grain alone, meaning the DNR was probably not used at all.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 PM

Can't wait to watch this. Almost here