'Open Water/Open Water 2: Adrift' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM

Default 'Open Water/Open Water 2: Adrift' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed the double feature 'Open Water/Open Water 2: Adrift.' He says these are both relatively entertaining films. This Blu-ray features both titles looking about as good as could be expected given each film's production costs, audio is about the same. There are also special features for each film. This release is worth a rental or even a cheap purchase.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3736...er_double.html
Old 09-29-2011, 04:31 PM

The actress in the first Open Water is smoking hot, and has one totally-nude scene in the movie. Shame that the movie was shot on standard-def video.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 PM

Default Review Errors

Adrift was not a sequel to Open Water, it was a stand alone movie that after being made got linked to Open Water to help boost sales.
According to the trailer it was also based on true events though.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 PM

I remember two things about this movie: the first were the rumors that it wasn't an accident, suspicions that can be read about on wikipedia (and dismissed by the authorities, for what that's worth).

The other is that I watched it on an airplane, and maybe it was the sub-par environment, but instead of feeling tense the movie just felt dull. Luckily there were other options.

Something I just realized? The flight I was on was for a trip that eventually led to diving on the great barrier reef. Huh.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Open Water is a good, bordering on great indy film that captures the fear and desperation of a couple facing their imminent death as a result of somebody else leaving a dive site without doing a head count first.

Open Water 2 is a comedy. A bunch of people put themselves in a bad situation which has multiple solutions, and

Spoiler
they all die because they're incredibly stupid and weak-willed to boot. Any group of normal adults would have laughed about it, and then working together would have pushed/launched the smallest girl back up onto the deck to put the ladder down. There were other solutions too, but they didn't even need them because the first one would have worked fine. The last two people reach safety and then kill themselves, including the mother of the baby on board. Yeah, right. It's just laughable.

What's more, this movie can't even happen as it's shown. If the boat was stationary as it was in this film, it had to be anchored, but it was not.

Garbage film. It does not deserve to share the name with the first Open Water.

Bottom line: This is around $6 on amazon now, so you can get it basically for the first movie, and either ignore #2 or make fun of it.

Last edited by Nicodimus22; 02-10-2013 at 10:34 PM.