'Star Wars: The Complete Saga' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 PM

Default 'Star Wars: The Complete Saga' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Star Wars: The Complete Saga' has just been posted. Aaron Peck has spent every waking moment since midnight on Thursday going through the movies and checking out each and every one of the special features. We think this is the most thorough review you'll find anywhere.

So what does he think? He says the video presentations waver a bit. You'll want to read those sections carefully. As for the audio, it's rock solid from start to finish. Unless you do a marathon viewing like he did, the special features will keep you busy for weeks.

This set comes highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3894...ollection.html
Old 09-17-2011, 04:05 PM

good review aaron, have only watched ep 1 and part of 2 so far, but yeah, jake lloyd......yeah
Old 09-17-2011, 04:13 PM

Good job dude, but just a heads up, in the audio section for Empire you mention the LFE going away when Luke's on Endor, not Dagobah.

Thanks for a very thorough review. I'll be revisiting this one in the future.
Former Member

yeah....jake lloyd.

YIPPEEEEE!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Former Member

damn, dude, 1.5 for TPM vs 2.5 for AOTC? HARSH!

how do ya really feel? lol
Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 PM

I think 'The Phantom Menace' is the best prequel. Sorry, I really do. Liam Neeson is just great and sorely missing from the other two. As is Darth Maul. I just like 'The Phantom Menace'. Don't shoot me.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:30 PM

Good review.
I Love the original trilogy, a shame about the changes. There is something about the after the fact CGI changes that really stick out. R2 and Had probably got the worst of it.

I own the prequels but never watched Revenge of the Sith or Phantom Menace, and only watched Attack of the Clowns once when we first bought it. I don't know why I was so gun ho to buy the complete saga set??

OMG! Han is regenerating!

Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Yesterday, I had a marathon with some friends starting at Ep IV and all I can say is that this release DOESN'T dissapoint in the very least. The PQ is incredible for the most part with the exception of the waxy faces in Ep I. The AQ left us almost deaf at moments, it is just that amazing. The changes made to the films, for the most part, don't bothered this life-long fan. The only thing that sounded silly and we kept laughing about is Obi-Wan's Krayt scream. The "Noooo!!" in Ep VI was incredibly... non-bothering. Don't really know, but I didn't feel pulled-out of the finale in any way. In fact, I was expecting a train-wreck in there but was happily relieved after we finished the film. That final moment is as powerful as it has always been for me.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM

Glad someone else besides me and Confused Matthew agrees that Episode III is just as bad as Episode II. I really don't get where all the love for it comes from...