X-Men First Class issues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 AM

Default X-Men First Class issues

Just bought the new xmen and the video keeps freezing. has anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-09-2011, 03:25 PM

Have not heard or read of any. If there is a potential problem with this disc release..I wont be surprised. Many times when you see a release with some next gen special features (bd-live related which I believe X-M:FC has), you may encounter some playback issues. A few that come to mind right away are Crank 2, 3:10 To Yuma, Ratatouille, War, and Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer. Usually it either requires a firmware or some editing/deleting (of some sort...not sure exactly) involving the bd-live.

Is your player up to date (firmware wise)??
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Same thing happened with my disc. I actually took it back to the store and got a new one and it still did it. So im leaning toward there is something wrong with the disc itself but I havnt heard anything. Any info would be great.
Im playing it on my playstation 3 system but I have never had any issues until now...
Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Damn...usually the PS3 is your ace in the hole if your stand alone blu player wont play a particular blu movie. I will keep looking for some more reports of this issue...but I highly suspect this to an authoring/bd-live problem. Fox also, I believe, has some sort of piracy protected on their releases so this could be in relation to what you two are experiencing. Need someone on here to comment on this that has more knowledge on this than I do. There quite a few on this site. I just know some basics....nothing involving details,lol.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLegion View Post
Same thing happened with my disc. I actually took it back to the store and got a new one and it still did it. So im leaning toward there is something wrong with the disc itself but I havnt heard anything. Any info would be great.
Im playing it on my playstation 3 system but I have never had any issues until now...
Welcome to the site CrossLegion.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Former Member

firmware update is rule #1 before ever taking a product back to stores. i've had a few discs act up in playback that remedied instantly when it was my own damn fault for being out of date.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM

Thanx for the welcome.
As far as updateing my player I believe that the PS3 is automaticaly updated with the system updates which i have the latest version. Other than that I went to the blu ray help site to find an update and the PS3 link took me to a PSP update page lol.
Maybe they will update it soon because Im stuck with it and cant get my monay back which sux.
Any more info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestupvizionz View Post
Just bought the new xmen and the video keeps freezing. has anyone else had this problem?
No issues here. I just reviewed it. Review is up now.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 09-09-2011, 07:08 PM

you guys with the problems, what version of the release do you have? Amazon, BB, etc. or the Target exclusive. Im guessing the actual BD is the same with the Target release just have a 3 disc case, different artwork and added DVD. I have the Target release and the BD disc has Prof X on the right side of the big X and Havok, Mystique and Beast on the right side of the X.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
firmware update is rule #1 before ever taking a product back to stores. i've had a few discs act up in playback that remedied instantly when it was my own damn fault for being out of date.
FOX titles (several of them) simply won't play in my Sammy BD player!

And Samsung stopped supporting it a long time ago (16 months ago)!

Soooo, guess what I thing of Samesoing?

Even their new BD players have issues (Audio stops for example)!

I don't recommend Samsung BD players to anyone!
And same for Panasonic BD players as their Blu-ray lense stops reading Blu-rays after a short while (in many models)!

Get an Oppo BD player, or a Sony one!