'Bridesmaids' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Default 'Bridesmaids' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Bridesmaids' has just been posted. E says this is the best comedy of the year. This Blu-ray features truly excellent video and audio. Extras are practically overflowing. This is a highly recommended release!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5483/bridesmaids.html
Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Former Member

not going day one on this, but definitely getting it.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 PM

It's obviously the best comedy of the year. However, I'm gonna go a step further and say it's one of the best films of the year so far. It's #3 behind Super 8 and HP7 for me. In fact, it's one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen and it actually is endearing, insightful, and honest. Seriously, the bridal fitting sequence had me laughing the hardest out of any film I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if this got a nomination for Best Original Screenplay at the Golden Globes, but I do hope it gets a Best Original Screenplay for the Oscars because it deserves it. I'll take this over the overrated Hangover ANY DAY. I loved this film that much, and I already saw it 3 times. 9/10
Old 09-08-2011, 07:50 PM

i absolutely loved this movie
Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Default Overrated!

Saw this in the cinema's and thought it was okay. There was too much lull for me in the laughs department. My favorite new comedy this year was bad teacher. May rent this one again to see if it grows on me more.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 AM

It's one of those movies that I didn't regret watching, but can think of pretty much anything in order to get me out of watching again. I have no desire whatsoever to see the movie again, it's funny enough to sustain one viewing but another one would just have me eye rolling. Bearing in mind I don't find The Hangover funny, this is less funny.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 AM

Saw this movie 3 days ago and I am still wondering, what is supposed to be so good or even great about it ?
I asked my wife and she said something smart and on the spot : It seemed like a long skid. It might be the reason, that so many SNL alumnis are in this flick, but to us it felt like a longer version of a SNL sketch.
The acting was also only okay, compliments to the 'Molly' actress, to dare to look as ugly as possible.
But all in all I have to say, we wouldn't have missed anything, if we hadn't seen this one.
'Hangover I ' is still the one to beat. Period !
Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 PM

SNL is horrible these days, I don't understand why it's still on the air. Every time I give it another chance, I sit there waiting to laugh and it never comes. I'm known as a guy who laughs at everything too!

If this movie is one long SNL skit I'm going to be angry, but the multiple positive reviews convinced me I will give it a shot. I GENUINELY hope it's nothing like the Hangover, because I was bored by it.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Day one purchase & then straight to the unRAID server.

I'm gonna make it, I'm gonna make it... I'm not gonna make it
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned

So what is a unRAID server? I have no clue.

Anyway I ordered mine in DVD packaging, just for something different. Hate those Blu-eco cases anyway.