'Counting Crows: August and Everything After' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Default 'Counting Crows: August and Everything After' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven Cohen has reviewed 'Counting Crows: August and Everything After.' He says this is a solid concert performance of the band's popular debut album. This Blu-ray features average vidio, strong audio, and a few extras. Fans will want to snatch this one up, others
will want to check it out.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5551...verything.html
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM

ugh...seeing these guys in concert was always a gamble. They improvised so much, you'd leave the show wondering aloud why they didn't play "Mr. Jones", only to realize they had but instead it was done with a marching band, 2 pan flutes, a mandolin and snippets of the "Barney the Purple Dinosaur" theme.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
ugh...seeing these guys in concert was always a gamble. They improvised so much, you'd leave the show wondering aloud why they didn't play "Mr. Jones", only to realize they had but instead it was done with a marching band, 2 pan flutes, a mandolin and snippets of the "Barney the Purple Dinosaur" theme.
Seriously??? Wow. I mean, I have to admit that "Mr. Jones" is probably my least favorite Counting Crows song, but I wouldn't want to hear anything slathered with a coating of crazy like you just described... did they do those kind of things throughout their set lists?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Yes, I did exagerrate a bit, but most of their hits get reworked literally to the opposite of what they are intended and it changes from night to night. I get their intent i.e.musical interpretation, but paying fans don't always want to hear what the artist only feels like singing a song as on a whim.