'Hawaii Five-0: The Complete First Season' is coming September 20 to Best Buy - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-06-2011, 03:38 PM

Default 'Hawaii Five-0: The Complete First Season' is coming September 20 to Best Buy

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4500/Hawaii50_s1.html
Old 09-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Default Hawaii Five-0

I enjoyed this reboot of the classic 70s series, although the supporting actors/actresses (No. 8 from Battlestar Galactica, Jin from Lost) are under-used.

The Hawaiian scenery should look amazing in 1080p.

Plus, it's actually safe to watch this as it has been renewed for a 2nd series (with another Lost actor - John Locke). So many good series are cancelled, it can be very frustrating.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 PM

I was gonna say, I can't believe they'd be trotting the original out at this point in time (although I hear Columbo is coming out in Japan, so Falk must be a legend over there or something). Never heard of the reboot.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 AM

love this show, will definitely pick it up though not sure when

might wait for Black Friday
Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I was gonna say, I can't believe they'd be trotting the original out at this point in time (although I hear Columbo is coming out in Japan, so Falk must be a legend over there or something). Never heard of the reboot.
Never heard of the reboot? You must not watch a lot of TV then. It has become one of CBS' top shows.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Never heard of the reboot? You must not watch a lot of TV then. It has become one of CBS' top shows.
I only watch sports on TV. Haven't watched a TV series episode from a TV station in over 10 years, it's all TV on DVD/BD for me. AFAIC it doesn't exist until it's on those shiny discs.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I only watch sports on TV. Haven't watched a TV series episode from a TV station in over 10 years, it's all TV on DVD/BD for me. AFAIC it doesn't exist until it's on those shiny discs.
I haven't cut back on my TV that much, but I have drastically reduced most of my habits. Probably will cut back more too, especially since it's so annoying getting hooked on something only to have it canceled midway through a season. Wait for Blu-ray sounds like a plan to me.

But back on H50, this reboot is actually pretty decent. It's a police procedural, but what I like is it isn't the same cookie cutter template used for each episode like on other shows like CSI. It can also be pretty violent at times.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 PM

Grace Park! It has Grace Park!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
One of CBS's top shows? I'll be sure to ask my grandmother about it.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Same here. After watching HBO and FX go through a season in 3-4 months w/o breaks in between, its hard to go back to network standards.

The last time we tried watching a full season of a show as it aired was Lost I believe. After the first few episodes they took 2-3 weeks off and did reruns of the previous eps. that just aired, came back for 2-3 weeks only to take another month off around the holidays.

Now I wait until its released on dvd/bd and rent or buy the seasons.

As far as Hawaii Five-O, I have heard good things about it. Good to see another BSG alum(along w/ Daniel Dae Kim) on the air too. I caught one ep.(after the Super Bowl maybe?) and it seemed pretty good. May have to give it a rent sometime. I'm sure those shots of hawaii probably look great.