'United 93' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-31-2011, 01:09 PM

Default 'United 93' - High-Def Digest Review

Michael Palmer has reviewed 'United 93.' He says this is a must see. This Blu-ray features exceptional video and audio. Extras round out the package. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4024/united93.html
Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 PM

Bravo! It sounds like a winner overall, as I had anticipated that United 93 blu-ray was going to be. A purchase most definitely.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Bravo! It sounds like a winner overall, as I had anticipated that United 93 blu-ray was going to be. A purchase most definitely.
Same. I have seen this movie more than once and every time I see it...it gets me choked up. This movie is a great tribute to those who were on board that tragic flight (as well as the other 3 flights that were hijacked that dire day). Day 1...ABSOLUTELY MUST OWN.

Loved the intro to Michael's review. First paragraph really grabbed my attention from the get go. Well written review Mike.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 PM

saw this in theaters, great film.. Not a big replay film..Nevertheless I'm getting this for sure!!! its a must own....
Old 08-31-2011, 04:11 PM

I know this is going to create problems, but for me is is very overrated, for me this movie is highly considered just because of the subject it touches.

As good as the movie can be for me is just a 3 at maximun but is also because of the subject, because without discussing about politics and stuff I will never ever believe this was terrorism, I dont believe all 9/11 was terrorism, for me that was orchestrated by the same government.

Sorry I know many people will try to argue with me, I DON'T want to discuss politics, I am telling the reason why I dont like this movie, because I just cant believe it, the subject for me is something I don't share, even thou I know that if even was the government who did this the people on the plane didn't know it, but I dont Know, it touches nothing to me.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:48 PM

I agree, propaganda in my opinion.
Half of it is made up.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Former Member

one of the films i refuse to watch. just fear the none-too-subtle gut punches. i'm not sensitive about 9/11, but i don't want to watch films about it, real or fictional. i just don't see the potential for a film i'd want to see in it. ww2, there's a billion films that could be made, real and fiction, just so interesting. this just didn't do it for me.

i WOULD want to watch a non-WTC (oliver stone, wasn't it?) film where the planes crash and the people above them try to get out alive. a found footage film. beyond that, nah.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertX View Post
As good as the movie can be for me is just a 3 at maximun but is also because of the subject, because without discussing about politics and stuff I will never ever believe this was terrorism, I dont believe all 9/11 was terrorism, for me that was orchestrated by the same government. ...
Agree 100%. I wouldn't watch this propaganda movie if you paid me to. Very disappointing that a great director like Greengrass had to waste time feeding the cowchip load (whether he honestly believes that it was technically possible for people in 2001 to have made clear, sustained cellphone calls from high in the air, or not).

It's been 10 years of a terrible lie, and fiction supporting fiction should be regarded as such and certainly not purchased with good American money.

I agree also with the other poster: although it's an imperfect movie in its own right (a little lengthy), at least Stone's World Trade Center focuses on something that can really be confirmed to have happened, and personal recollection from the heroes involved in the rescue operation.

Boxcutters and "Let's roll!" exist all in the same fantasy land as "weapons of mass destruction"; as powerful an emotional ploy as they may be.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:45 PM

some of you guys are smoking some shit!! orchestrated by the government? really? dude I stopped believing in black helicopter conspiracies when I was a teenager and stopped smoken the good herb. First its Bush is a fuckin idiot then he"s a evil mastermind..

Come on guys.. Americans died on that plane. Just like you and I. Its a great movie.. Whats next we didn't land on the moon?!

Last edited by Elvis_Rambo; 09-01-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:29 AM

yeah, I may not have swallowed all the "truth" the government tried to feed me, but Flight 93 was still full of people...if it was a government plot, they weren't part of it and they became victims like so many others.

I haven't seen the movie and doubt I'll buy it, but think it's definitely worth a rental. Again, I don't believe everything the gov't told me about that day, but it was still a horrendous day for the US. If you wholeheartedly believe what the gov't said, then it was sad for obvious reasons, but if you believe the flip side and think it was an American gov't plot to make Halliburton richer and get us into an expensive war, it was equally sad...either way, it was terrible: Americans dying in the name of "freedom" or in the name of money...