'Scarface (Limited Edition Steelbook)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-29-2011, 07:28 PM

Default 'Scarface (Limited Edition Steelbook)' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Scarface (Limited Edition Steelbook)' Find out why this is highly recommended, and why it's a must own for fans.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4925...ace_le_sb.html
Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Thank the deity of your choice!!!

They left off that stupid "hip-hop" bullshit! Now I can actually support the disc and buy it!

"Origins of a hip-hop classic," I think they called that piece of crap that made me decide to never purchase Scarface again. What the hell does "hip-hop" even have to do with Scarface? Just because some morons like to act like "gangsters" and thugs doesn't mean that the movie is a "hip-hop" classic. I am SO glad that they didn't include that crap. YAY!!!

Last edited by IceNine; 08-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM

There's also an in-theater showing either this week or next. Would be cool to go out and see it on the big screen if it weren't for all the gang bangers that would show up.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM

VC-1? Was this supposed to be on HD DVD or something?

Anyways, it'll be good to watch Scarface in HD. Definitely a day one purchase.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
VC-1? Was this supposed to be on HD DVD or something?
codec =/= format.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 PM

Seems like only Warner and Universal are still using VC-1 these days. Everyone else is using AVC MPEG-4.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
There's also an in-theater showing either this week or next. Would be cool to go out and see it on the big screen if it weren't for all the gang bangers that would show up.
It WILL be great to see on the big screen (I have a 142" 2.39:1 screen in my dedicated HT)! I can't wait!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Thank the deity of your choice!!!

They left off that stupid "hip-hop" bullshit! Now I can actually support the disc and buy it!

"Origins of a hip-hop classic," I think they called that piece of crap that made me decide to never purchase Scarface again. What the hell does "hip-hop" even have to do with Scarface? Just because some morons like to act like "gangsters" and thugs doesn't mean that the movie is a "hip-hop" classic. I am SO glad that they didn't include that crap. YAY!!!
the reason its considered a "hip hop classic" is because many in the hip hop community are big fans. thats from the actual performers down to simple fans. can't count how often i see young black guys or those white kids who think they're black walking around with scarface related clothing or whatnot.

for some reason its very popular in the community. hell i've seen it "infect" younger cousins of mine. guys who had no clue about the movie then became deep into hip hop and suddenly they've seen it and thinks its awesome.

i personally just saw it beginning to end for the first time a few years ago (seen bits and parts over my lifetime) and was bored tearless but different strokes as they say. but its very funny and odd to see how that hip hop crowd has gathered around it.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Seems like only Warner and Universal are still using VC-1 these days. Everyone else is using AVC MPEG-4.
Warner has switched to AVC too actually. They started using it at the beginning of the year. Universal flip-flops between the AVC and VC-1 on a whim. The "BTTF" and "BSG" sets mixed codecs with little rhyme or reason.And looking at some of some recent Miramax stuff, it seems like Lionsgate has started using VC-1 for at least part of their new catalog.

Not that any of it really matters. Choice of codec is one of the least important factors in creating the overall look of a blu-ray.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
"Scarface" Limited Edition Steelbook
This is going too be BIG!

I'm getting one just too sell later.