'40 Days and 40 Nights' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 PM

Default '40 Days and 40 Nights' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed '40 Days and 40 Nights.' How bad can a bad Blu-ray look? Read our review and find out!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5434...40_nights.html
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 PM

Lowest scoring Blu ever?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 PM

I liked this movie when it was first released, but it's been years since I've seen it....and even at the $10.99 price point, there are too many Blu-Rays coming out this month, that I just can't afford this one. I'll eventually pick this up when I see someone selling it for real cheap though
Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Whore View Post
Lowest scoring Blu ever?
Birdemic says hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
I'll eventually pick this up when I see someone selling it for real cheap though
Why are you looking at me like that? What? WHAT?!?!?! (i keed!)
Old 08-30-2011, 04:26 AM

Nate once again proves his Springsteen-qualities by delivering a hugely enjoyable, borderline perfect, lol-inducing review! Love the Super Nintendo-reference. I, for one, have always honestly and non-sarcastically wondered: could it be done? Could you compress a movie so that it could be crammed on a SNES cartridge? I hope someone has the answer someday. They were able to put Dreamworks-flicks on Game Boy Advance carts, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Boss
Why? Why why why why why why why why why why why WWWWHHHHHYYYYY?
Reminds me of Tommy Wiseau in The Room!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:33 AM
Former Member

I remember those GBA film carts, forgot what company it was, knew it wasn't disney. Dreamworks animation makes sense. second tier and all. Never got around to watching one. Eager as hell for 3D movies to hit 3DS carts, though. THAT should be neat.

And many thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM

It's got Shannyn Sossamon in it. I'll buy it.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:00 PM

I like Hartnett, he has that likeable everyman good wholesome American boy charm. I know he broke up with her, but he was with his highschool sweetheart long after he was in Hollywood, and I respected that, too.

Shannyn Sossamon is super hot.

I thought this was alright when I saw it years ago in the theatre, except for the end. The last 20 mins or so were kind of the suck. Still it was more like a 2.5 for me, a 50/50 movie that I ultimately gave a thumbs up and not a thumbs down to. Then again I haven't seen it since it came out and have never tried to, so maybe it sucks more than I remember? Haha.

At any rate with a 1/5 PQ I wouldn't even use this as a coaster if I got it for free in a case of beer.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:56 AM

I remember seeing it in theatres and thinking it was a waste of talent and (mostly my) money. Just uninteresting across the board. The stuff that good reviews are made of.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:03 PM

Picked this one up from Walmart for $5. In Canada, it was released by Alliance. It's not the same disc used in the US. No special features on this release (although I've read in several reviews that that commentary is really no loss). I usually don't like sex comedies, but I didn't mind this one (it helps that I'm a big fan of Hartnett's too). Thought the PQ was just OK, but definitely not a 1-star transfer like that awful, AWFUL review stated. Maybe the Alliance version is a better transfer than the Lionsgate release? I don't know. I'd give it around a 2.5 out of 5 though. It's acceptable. All-in-all, I thought it was worth the $5.