Frankenhooker is comin' to Blu-Ray November 25! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Default Frankenhooker is comin' to Blu-Ray November 25!

I know some people may roll their eyes and groan because [INSERT CLASSIC FILM HERE] either still has no release or desperately needs a better transfer re-issue, but c'mon! Frankenhooker! In high-def! How can that not even bring at least a smirk to your face?

It's coming from Synapse. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post that often, so I can't put up the URL. But go to their main site and check it out.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM

http://synapse-films.com/dvds/horror...ooker-blu-ray/
Old 08-27-2011, 12:20 PM

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5436/frankenhooker.html
Old 08-27-2011, 07:52 PM

Misread this and thought it was about a Frankenheimer collection.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the assist, sixteenvolt. (By the way, loooove the avatar! That movie might just be the best blind buy I've made in some time.)
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 AM

Anyone remember the original VHS box? When you hit a button on it...

It would say: (creepy Frankenhooker voice) "Wanna Date?"

Way funny!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 PM

Sometimes, you just have to scratch your head at some of these title announcements. I can honestly say I never, ever, expected Frankenhooker to make it to Blu Ray.

I'm shocked. I really am. But I'm still buying this mother trucker. I've been trying to convince people for years that this film really existed. What's not to like about the premise of a dude trying to recreate the women he loves from the body parts of dead hookers. Definietly don't let impressionable 13 year old watch this. (lol)

I'm on this bad boy day one. Hopefully, the original Basket Case is next up for the HD treatment.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
Sometimes, you just have to scratch your head at some of these title announcements. I can honestly say I never, ever, expected Frankenhooker to make it to Blu Ray.

I'm shocked. I really am. But I'm still buying this mother trucker. I've been trying to convince people for years that this film really existed. What's not to like about the premise of a dude trying to recreate the women he loves from the body parts of dead hookers. Definietly don't let impressionable 13 year old watch this. (lol)

I'm on this bad boy day one. Hopefully, the original Basket Case is next up for the HD treatment.
Caught me by surprise, too. In fact, I found out about it thanks to a newsletter I get from Diabolik DVD. They had the preorder listing up, so I went to Synapse's official site to make sure it was the real deal. You can't imagine how thrilled I was. Or maybe you can, I dunno.

As for Basket Case, that's coming out on September 27 from Image. Henenlotter's supervising the transfer and it's got what looks to be some nice extras. And if Frankenhooker getting the Blu treatment surprised you, how about HG Lewis' Blood Trilogy (Two Thousand Maniacs, Blood Feast, and Color Me Blood Red) also coming to Blu on the 27th?

This year seems to be a great one for horror fans Blu-Ray wise. If only the theatrical releases were just as promising...