Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Odd movie, not bad, $10 at best?
Old 08-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Oh good. More Don Bluth on blu-ay.

Wait.

"The Pebble and the Penguin"?

*puke*

I'm sure "A Troll in Central Park" isn't far behind. "Rock-a-Doddle" and "Thumbelina" too. Cause lord knows we need all of Bluth's worst movies out on blu-ray before his good stuff.

The sad part is, "Land Before Time" and "An American Tail" are both controlled by Universal. I'd rather see them never get released on the format than have to witness the surely atrocious transfers those incompetent idiots would unleash (all uglified by their arsenal of asinine digital tools.)

So... I guess the only other Bluth release I'll ever be excited for is the eventual BD bow of "Titan A.E."

*sigh*
Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
So... I guess the only other Bluth release I'll ever be excited for is the eventual BD bow of "Titan A.E."
Which is fortunately slated to be of excellent quality, judging by Fox Animation's track record (a 4.5 stars picture quality for all three Ice Age movies)!

Oh, how I wish for a supreme Blu-ray bow for both The Land Before Time and An American Tail. Two of my favourite animated movies. I even thoroughly love the second, theatrically-released Fievel movie.

But I too fear for the worst. The Land Before Time's DVD was atrocious, presented in 4:3! In this day and age (well, back when it was released, not a decade ago)! Plus washed-out colours and incredibly sad special features. I dare say my LaserDisc copy improves on the DVD, if only for the rocking bass on the soundtrack whenever Sharptooth takes a step.

Last edited by Julian; 09-07-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: I wrote 'rack record', which is a funny typo though