'The Smurfs' is coming to Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D on December 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Default 'The Smurfs' is coming to Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D on December 2

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5796/smurfs.html

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5797/smurfs3d.html

"Hey Sony executives, I have a great pitch idea for 'The Smurfs.' Let's put them in New York City! They've never been to the Big Apple before, and they just don't use NYC as a setting nearly as enough as they should in the movies! It's win-win all around!"

How the Smurfs was completely ruined in four sentences (under 50 words).

Last edited by Landy; 09-21-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM

THANK YOU!

I'll pass on this.

Release the Smurfs T.V. show on Blu-Ray and I'd be all over it. Otherwise, fuck this bull crap.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM

Best film of 2011!

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Not even close to the original alot of us grew up loving. I'll pass as well.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
Release the Smurfs T.V. show on Blu-Ray and I'd be all over it.
After converting to 3D.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:13 AM

I am going to be the first in line to buy this atrocity........ not because I want to see it but because I made a horrible deal with my son........... If I didn't have to take him to see it at the movies I would buy it for him. I was hoping that somehow the film would have been accidentally maliciously destroyed before they pressed any BD disks. Now I will just have to pour rubbing alcohol in my eyes and stick sharp objects in my ears.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Kev View Post
I am going to be the first in line to buy this atrocity........ not because I want to see it but because I made a horrible deal with my son........... If I didn't have to take him to see it at the movies I would buy it for him. I was hoping that somehow the film would have been accidentally maliciously destroyed before they pressed any BD disks. Now I will just have to pour rubbing alcohol in my eyes and stick sharp objects in my ears.
Just tell him that you have some tragic news. Gargamel finally caught the little blue buggers down at the Blu-ray and DVD production plant and skinned them all alive and made himself a suit like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Just tell him that you have some tragic news. Gargamel finally caught the little blue buggers down at the Blu-ray and DVD production plant and skinned them all alive and made himself a suit like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs.
Wait.. what's the tragic part?
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Kev View Post
No, no you did good; you can make this work better at home than at the theater.

Can you use your i/android phone to play games or browse the net while you "watch" the movie with him? Some kids will be offended, some don't even notice.

Don't make drinks and snacks before the movie starts. Get the feature going, *then* say "hey who wants pop corn!" If you have to drive to the store for the pop corn, even better. Also, feel free to enhance your own drink with whatever 80 proof you've got in stock. Take your time, you can probably get away with up to 15 minutes of "snack making" time in the kitchen.

Arrange to have a friend (wife, friend, whatever) call you about 30 minutes in and pull a "Let me take this call, I'll be right back". Good for a solid 10-20 minute break before kids get too suspicious.

Act like your stomach hurts and say you gotta go to the restroom "real bad". Take your i/android phone or magazine and enjoy a nice 10-15 minute break on the crapper.

If your kid isn't too suspicious at this point, feel free for a second round of snacks. If you can get away with it, bake some cookies that you "have to watch carefully" for a solid 15 minute reprieve. Kids love cookies. Ok.. I love cookies. Its a win win.

Use the home field advantage. When I took 4 of my nieces to see Chipmunks 2 I fell asleep for about 40 minutes at the theater and they ragged on me for well over a year.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnerd View Post
No, no you did good; you can make this work better at home than at the theater.

Can you use your i/android phone to play games or browse the net while you "watch" the movie with him? Some kids will be offended, some don't even notice.

Don't make drinks and snacks before the movie starts. Get the feature going, *then* say "hey who wants pop corn!" If you have to drive to the store for the pop corn, even better. Also, feel free to enhance your own drink with whatever 80 proof you've got in stock. Take your time, you can probably get away with up to 15 minutes of "snack making" time in the kitchen.

Arrange to have a friend (wife, friend, whatever) call you about 30 minutes in and pull a "Let me take this call, I'll be right back". Good for a solid 10-20 minute break before kids get too suspicious.

Act like your stomach hurts and say you gotta go to the restroom "real bad". Take your i/android phone or magazine and enjoy a nice 10-15 minute break on the crapper.

If your kid isn't too suspicious at this point, feel free for a second round of snacks. If you can get away with it, bake some cookies that you "have to watch carefully" for a solid 15 minute reprieve. Kids love cookies. Ok.. I love cookies. Its a win win.
Did you write all of this yourself, right now, on the spot? Wow! This is brilliant stand-up comedy material. You could effortlessly turn this into a ten-minute bit about how parents have to endure crappy movies. Or maybe you are a stand-up comedian already? Pablo, is that you, posting on the HDD boards?

Hilarious! You made my day early (it's only 8am over here).