'The Greatest Movie Ever Sold' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Default 'The Greatest Movie Ever Sold' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven has reviewed Morgan Spurlock's 'The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.' He says this is a fun and unique documentary that features a clever and very self-aware concept. Video and audio are serviceable, reflecting the modest source elements. Supplements are decent. Worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5429/greatest_sold.html
Old 08-23-2011, 04:07 PM

Morgan Spurlock is an idiot. This is a guy who ate McDonald's for a month to prove something everybody already knows. I would say I wish he'd go away, but no one knows him or cares about him anyway, so just like one of his docs it's a completely unnecessary thing to do.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:15 AM

I find him obnoxious too. He's one of those documentary makers who doesn't even try to hide how biased he is, to the point where you can't take what he says seriously. While I didn't enjoy Super Size Me, I wouldn't mind checking this one out though.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Former Member

The trailer looks absolutely hilarious. Eventually will check it out.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:15 AM

I look forward to this. Morgan Spurlock isn't a genious or anything, but he's entertaining and I usually like what he does.

Also, the concept is pretty awesome. Exploit and mock product placement, which is something that has gotten insane over the past few years.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:06 AM

I find Morgan to be entertaining and fun. If you don't like him, this isn't going to change your opinion of him.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Spurlock is ok, not sure why the hate on for him.

These types of documentaries are meant to be somewhat biased, they have an agenda they are trying to push. It's not like it's in their best interests to be totally bipartisan about causes they are passionate about.

Michael Moore is obnoxious about it, I don't find Spurlock to be.

Best documentary I've seen recently is still 'Inside Job'.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:59 PM

I don't know, I think you can push an idea intelligently rather than deceptively. Getting fat on fast food and moaning about how bad the food makes you feel (totally unprovable and silly) is not an intelligent way to make a point IMO. But some people like that stuff, so whateva.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 PM

Just watched it last night. I really enjoyed it and found it entertaining. I think the editing on this added to my overall enjoyment of the film.