'Good Will Hunting' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-19-2011, 12:39 AM

Default 'Good Will Hunting' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed the domestic release of 'Good Will Hunting.' The movie is great...and so is the Blu-ray. With strong video, solid audio, and good extras, this is recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3594...llhunting.html
Old 08-19-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Aaron has reviewed the domestic release of 'Good Will Hunting.' The movie is great...and so is the Blu-ray. With strong video, solid audio, and good extras, this is recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3594...llhunting.html

Nice, I've been waiting for this one. Was watching True Grit last night and realized there were a bunch of good Damon flicks I still haven't picked up, this being one of them.

Will grab this.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM

I was never a fan of this movie unfortunately and I like both actors too. It just never appealed to me and I'm from Boston!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:57 AM

I'm in Canada so thanks for pointing out that there's a separate (inferior) Alliance release for sale here. Hopefully I can find the Lionsgate/Miramax version because I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I was never a fan of this movie unfortunately and I like both actors too. It just never appealed to me and I'm from Boston!
last time i was in boston i swear i saw someone erecting a matt damon/ben affleck bro fist statue

Old 08-19-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
last time i was in boston i swear i saw someone erecting a matt damon/ben affleck bro fist statue
I DESPISE Ben Affleck.
I refuse to see The Town because of him.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I DESPISE Ben Affleck.
I refuse to see The Town because of him.
Haha - that's how I feel about Matt Damon.

I used to dislike Affleck, but the guy seems like a genuine guy from all the interviews I've seen him do. i think he's been humbled a bit and that he's the better for it.

As for Damon, it's sad really. The guy is talented but he's just such a self-righteous prick I can't watch his films anymore, unless they're outstanding and he's not the focus, e.g. True Grit.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Strasse View Post
Haha - that's how I feel about Matt Damon.

I used to dislike Affleck, but the guy seems like a genuine guy from all the interviews I've seen him do. i think he's been humbled a bit and that he's the better for it.

As for Damon, it's sad really. The guy is talented but he's just such a self-righteous prick I can't watch his films anymore, unless they're outstanding and he's not the focus, e.g. True Grit.
Yes, Matt Damon HAS become a self rightous bastard. Especially when he spews his political viewpoints, which NO actor should do IMO.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, Matt Damon HAS become a self rightous bastard. Especially when he spews his political viewpoints, which NO actor should do IMO.
Actors have political viewpoints just like everyone else. Spew away I say. I just don't understanding hating an actor because of a dislike of their personal life/views.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 08-19-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Actors have political viewpoints just like everyone else. Spew away I say. I just don't understanding hating an actor because of a dislike of their personal life/views.
It depends. I'm not into politics, but many are of course and if he says contrversial stuff a lot people strongly disagree with, well those people are going to tend to not like the guy so much any more and it may affect his box office appeal.

Personally I really prefer to know as little as possible about an actor's personal life, since it can only distract from their on screen image