'It's a Wonderful Life: Collector's Edition Gift Set' is coming November 1 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Default 'It's a Wonderful Life: Collector's Edition Gift Set' is coming November 1

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/ 576...ullife_ce.html
Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 PM

I never bought the previous edition, so maybe I will buy this set. I really love this movie during the holidays and the booklet is interesting and I can use the ornament on my tree LOL
Old 08-19-2011, 02:49 PM

I have this already - I am so glad they have the colorized version, as it is the version I grew up with. I am not sure if the ornament and the commemerative book will be enough to double dip, but I am sure they will sell a few of these.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
I have this already - I am so glad they have the colorized version, as it is the version I grew up with. I am not sure if the ornament and the commemerative book will be enough to double dip, but I am sure they will sell a few of these.
I have this "belief" that one should always see the film the way it was intended. That being said, I do have a soft spot for the colorized version because I like the look of it. It has this Rockwell styling to it that works. But, I don't think the film should be seen that way.

It'd be pretty neat to make a film with that look now. Of course, it'd get rated less than adequate for "Picture Quality."

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:00 PM

The first release has an annoying white scratch running down the full length of the frame on the far right side for the entire last reel. I was pretty disappointed by that because otherwise the disc looked fine to me. I was surprised they didn't just adjust the framing slightly to frame it out.

No chance it's being remedied here obviously.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 PM

I was happy with the PQ of the previous edition of It's A Wonderful Life but might trade it in if this one *doesn't* contain the dreadful colourized version but has a significant 'Making Of' or Capra bio.