'Copycat' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Default 'Copycat' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Copycat.' He says the film has a good premise, but it fumbles it along the way. This Blu-ray features troubled video, audio that seems to quit halfway through, and some old, OLDE extras. For fans only.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5016/copycat.html
Old 08-10-2011, 07:27 PM

I enjoyed this movie, but I agree with Nate, there is a hell of a lot of silly shit going on in this movie. This movie is REALLY OUTDATED; it sure isn't Silence of the Lambs, that is for sure.

I'm still not even sure how:

Spoiler
Holly Hunter's partner get's in the situation where he can get killed. It happens so hilariously fast that I had to LOL. One second he is holding a box of donuts then an Asian gangster has a gun to his head! hahaha

And really,
Spoiler
the odds of somebody getting kidnapped by a serial killer TWICE in their lifetime is pretty damn ludicrous. How does the other serial killer, the one in jail that the copy cat killer is copying, even know Sigourney Weaver's address in the first place?!? Unreal!

Agreed too that all the computer stuff is just fucking hilarious!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Boss
and features the same extras as the DVD so olde that it gets an "e" at the end of old
Man, this is golden! Or golde, if you will. Hail Boss.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:07 AM

I like this film and think it should get 3/5 .The lead character death by random criminal thing was done to teach Holly Hunter's character some hubris as she was very cocky up until then.
Harry Connick's character was really funny.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
I enjoyed this movie, but I agree with Nate, there is a hell of a lot of silly shit going on in this movie. This movie is REALLY OUTDATED; it sure isn't Silence of the Lambs, that is for sure.

And really,
Spoiler
the odds of somebody getting kidnapped by a serial killer TWICE in their lifetime is pretty damn ludicrous. How does the other serial killer, the one in jail that the copy cat killer is copying, even know Sigourney Weaver's address in the first place?!? Unreal!
Spoiler
Didn't he have a book out or coming out? He probably paid some scumbag to investigate her. I agree that the concept of deadbolts was lost on her character.

Quote:
Agreed too that all the computer stuff is just fucking hilarious!
I don't know, it freaked me out the first time I saw it. It was low tech, but still creepy.

And about the
Spoiler
shot cop, it was there to show Holly that she should shoot the hell out of criminals and not be nice and just shoot their shoulders.

This is one of my favorite thrillers from the mid-90s, flaws aside. I loved the cast.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Former Member

Spoiler
yes, the dead cop is all about her not wanting dead people on her conscience, which backfires when her borderline inaction causes her friend's death. yes, the character had to die, but here's the thing, she COULD have killed someone at a crime scene, running away from something, have it turn out to be someone spooked by the real killer, doesn't stop, etc. or, heaven forbid, the killer kill the partner, after she shoots his shoulders, and he gets away after being so proud, her hubris being her downfall.

i dunno why we're spoilering on a film this old but it's funny.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:10 PM

I know, it's kind of annoying, but the movie's full of little twists that you know someone would complain about being spoiled.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM

This movie was very well done and gets 4 out of 5 stars in my book. Sigourney Weaver and Holly Hunter gave great performances. Of course the movie is dated - it came out in 1995 and that's how computers looked back then!