'House of the Rising Sun' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Default 'House of the Rising Sun' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'House of the Rising Sun.' This is a bad, bad, boring movie, one that goes down in dull, uninteresting flames. This Blu-ray features weak video, weak audio, and weak extras. One to avoid.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5181/house_rising.html
Old 08-08-2011, 01:29 PM

2 exceptions to this rule: The Rock, and Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

They aren't master thespians but they aren't Bautista or Cena-level bad by any means. The Rock is actually a great action star. His cameos in stuff like The Other Guys, Reno 911 The Movie, show off some comic chops, he is one of the only good things about Be Cool, The Rundown is fun, he's well cast in Fast Five.

Jesse is a legend simply for Predator.

I can't think of any other good examples aside from those 2.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl83 View Post
2 exceptions to this rule: The rock, and jesse "the body" ventura.

They aren't master thespians but they aren't bautista or cena-level bad by any means. The rock is actually a great action star. His cameos in stuff like the other guys, reno 911 the movie, show off some comic chops, he is one of the only good things about be cool, the rundown is fun, he's well cast in fast five.

Jesse is a legend simply for predator.

i can't think of any other good examples aside from those 2.
hulk hogan?
Lol
Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
hulk hogan?
Lol
Oh yes, I totally forgot Hogan's award-winning performance in 'No Holds Barred'.

"Dooooooooookieeeee!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edN5RbhsP2Q

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 08-08-2011, 05:15 PM

Oh dude, believe me, I was a huuuuuuuuuuge Hulkamaniac growing up. Him and Wayne Gretzky were my two idols when I was a young'n. Leaving Hulk Hogan off the list was NOT because I forgot about him. :P

I had No Holds Barred on VHS and used to watch it all the time. Holy shit is it terrible as an adult.

I also had every ep of Hulk Hogan's Rockin' Wrestling on tape, every big wrestling event he was ever in, Mr. Nanny, and Suburban Commando, as well. Huuuuge Hogan fanboy.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Peck
It's just bad. Really, really bad.
Am I the only one who - after reading this - immediately thought of Wesley Snipes in a metro station, directed by Martin Scorsese?