'The Cider House Rules' & 'Life is Beautiful' are coming October 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Default 'The Cider House Rules' & 'Life is Beautiful' are coming October 4

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5587...beautiful.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5584/cider_rules.html
Old 07-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

I got "Life is Beautiful" on Blu quite a while ago.

Of course, from the very best 'Film Distributor' here in Canada: Alliance Films, from Montreal!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:42 PM

Might be two buys here; "Life is Beautiful" is a great film (hoping for "Cinema Paradiso" and "Il Postino" on BR too) and Charlize Theron is my favorite African-American actress.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJim View Post
Might be two buys here; "Life is Beautiful" is a great film (hoping for "Cinema Paradiso" and "Il Postino" on BR too) and Charlize Theron is my favorite African-American actress.
Amazon doesn't have a listing for it yet but other sites are reporting Lionsgate will be releasing Cinema Paradiso BD on Oct. 4. The UK Blu-ray has been out for some time and is region free and is very good. And Charlize Theron isn't African-American, she's South African, Afrikaans is her first language.

Last edited by Cochise; 07-13-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
Amazon doesn't have a listing for it yet but other sites are reporting Lionsgate will be releasing Cinema Paradiso BD on Oct. 14. The UK Blu-ray has been out for some time and is region free and is very good. And Charlize Theron isn't African-American, she's South African, Afrikaans is her first language.
Thanks for the CP update; will probably wait for the US release.

And Theron is African-American. Born in South Africa, she became a naturalized American citizen in 2007. In fact, that makes her more AA than Obummer, Je$$e Jackson and a ton of other grifters who simply pose as such.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Life is Beautiful was a great movie. I could do with something like that, it brings a smile to my face.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the CP update; will probably wait for the US release.

And Theron is African-American. Born in South Africa, she became a naturalized American citizen in 2007. In fact, that makes her more AA than Obummer, Je$$e Jackson and a ton of other grifters who simply pose as such.
Didn't know she'd become a US citizen. I was thinking she's just as much an illegal alien as the ones picking lettuce for you - she came here on a tourist visa and started working as a model, dancer and then an actress, and she had to improve her English to get the better job.

Last edited by Cochise; 07-13-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM

"Life is Beautiful" for sure. Never got around to seeing "The Cider House Rules"...is it worth it?

Quote:
Agree, getting "Il Postino" on blu would be a trifecta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
Amazon doesn't have a listing for it yet but other sites are reporting Lionsgate will be releasing Cinema Paradiso BD on Oct. 4. The UK Blu-ray has been out for some time and is region free and is very good.
Yes, finally! Here's hoping it includes both the TE and (at least) DC versions, plus all extras from the DVD Deluxe Edtn. The score by maestro Ennio Morricone alone is worth the price. Correction made on date above. Thanks for the heads-up, Cochise.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM

Didn't know it was possible to only read a paragraph or two from someone and want to slap the shit out of them!

The more you know...
Old 07-13-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL83 View Post
Didn't know it was possible to only read a paragraph or two from someone and want to slap the shit out of them!

The more you know...
I know what you mean, but I'm celebrating his diversity and being kind.