'Louie: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Default 'Louie: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven Cohen has reviewed 'Louie: The Complete First Season.' He's a fan, and says this is a great series. The Blu-ray's video and audio presentations are both solid. The supplements features some great deleted scenes and commentaries. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4975/louie_s1.html
Old 06-20-2011, 06:57 PM

This show is absolutely incredible and Louis CK has become one of my favorite stand-up comedians. I'll definitely be watching season 2 on Thursday and pick up this blu-ray down the road for the commentaries.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Really underrated show. Loved it.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 AM

I hardly ever buy tv series and only own two.

But I will be buying this.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 PM

This is a great show that deserves more credit than it gets. The tone is very unique, it jumps from things that actually happen to things that are entirely fantastical but never excuses them as dream sequences (the girl getting into the helicopter to escape the date from hell in the very first episode, for example).

Ricky Gervais' cameo as the doctor was my favorite part of the first season. Here's hoping it lasts a few more, because Louis CK is one of the best comics working today, and he fills a very important role as cynical everyman that nobody else is quite filling these days.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Default Sorry guys

I watched the whole first season this week in a marathon session, because I wanted to know why it is recommended.
Honestly, I still don't know why. Every episode had around 1 minute of funny moments or stand Up jokes, that made me laugh, but the rest of the times we were just speechless, how bad the jokes and/or situations were.
Maybe the majority nowadays has to be punched out with a joke, but IMHO it doesn't get better by stretching it out for ever and adding more and more abusive lines to it.

Exsample : the lady that talks during his stand-up. I understand, he is pissed, takes me all but 5 secs to figure that out. Why does he have to stretch that moment to 6 minutes with saying really stupid stuff like, you are a cunt, your mother is a cunt and she should be dead and you should be dead etc etc etc.

Simply tasteless. For the 1 minute in each episode I give 1 star. For the rest 0 stars.

I'd rather watch Lopez or Mencia. They deliver punches, without riding the horse to death.