'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-14-2011, 07:33 PM

Default 'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' has just been posted. E says this film still offers an outlandishly good time. This Blu-ray features excellent video, strong audio, and the same extras as previous editions. A good upgrade for fans. Recommended for everyone else!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5035...es_desert.html
Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 PM

I can't imagine a guy wanting to see this movie. I wouldn't expect a woman to get excited about seeing Showgirls either.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
I can't imagine a guy wanting to see this movie. I wouldn't expect a woman to get excited about seeing Showgirls either.
Hey, Mr. Mojo, why don't you give "Priscilla" a chance? I promise you it won't make you Gay....but it sure as hell will make you laugh!!!! (And think.)
Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I'm a huge John Wayne fan and fan of Westerns in general. Been enjoying the bunch of recent bunch of Western releases on blu-ray and took time out to re-enjoy a good laugh and good story with Priscilla.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
Hey, Mr. Mojo, why don't you give "Priscilla" a chance? I promise you it won't make you Gay....but it sure as hell will make you laugh!!!! (And think.)
+1....unfortunately, there are far too many individuals with limited tolerance & narrow world views who would share Mr. Mojo's stance. In any case, Priscilla's 3 main protaganists are far more multidimensional & entertaining to watch than your typical male archetype. It is definitely cool to watch a highly - animated Hugo Weaving having fun with his character here; prior to his more well-known roles as Agent Smith (Matrix trilogy) and as Elrond (LOTR); and even 'V'. I think the most fascinating character was Bernadette, where we have tough guy Terence Stamp (Superman 2, The Limey) really playing against type. Btw, as per the review, the PQ on this is outstanding

Last edited by ambientcafe; 06-15-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
I'm a huge John Wayne fan and fan of Westerns in general. Been enjoying the bunch of recent bunch of Western releases on blu-ray and took time out to re-enjoy a good laugh and good story with Priscilla.
same here, been wanting to watch this..
Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 AM

I can remember going to the theatre to watch this with my mum when I was a teenager. It was a big deal in Australia at the time. I haven't watched it in full since then and remember it being quite funny. Might be time to catch it again, glad to hear the PQ is great.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:38 PM

I'm taking some abuse here.
Actually my wife had it on a few years ago and I just couldn't get into it.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I'm taking some abuse here.
Actually my wife had it on a few years ago and I just couldn't get into it.
My apologies, I guess I read too much into it. I admit it took me more than 1 viewing to appreciate the offbeat Aussie humour & nuances.