'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' (multiple versions) coming October 18! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Default 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' (multiple versions) coming October 18!

Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack
DVD/Blu-ray Combo Pack (DVD Packaging)
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack
Four Film Collection (15-Disc Combo Pack in a Chest)

Last edited by Landy; 07-15-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Damn it!! I really want the chest collection! May have to sell my individual releases.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Damn it!! I really want the chest collection! May have to sell my individual releases.
Why buy it when they're going to be making even more 'Pirates' movies? I don't think there's any sign that they'll stop doing them.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

Last edited by paaron46; 06-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Honestly, all I want is the chest and the case,lol. It would make a fine addition to my man cave.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:29 AM

Is this the first new release from Disney that doesn't have a plain DVD release? Interesting. Either way, I bit on the $8 Amazon coupon for the 3D version
Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Lol, Looks like they are repurposing their Boombox.
It appears they just pulled the electronics out and stuffed foam and cloth in their instead. Lol.
I last saw this boombox for $20 at target.....

(I still want this though)

Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Why buy it when they're going to be making even more 'Pirates' movies? I don't think there's any sign that they'll stop doing them.
exactly, its a very nice collection but i dont get putting this much effort into something that isnt complete. now if the new movie was being advertised as the final chapter i;d understand. even if they made more after claiming that. but as is, there's no sign this is the end and with the money its made there will definately be more.

reminds me when they made this awesome box set for Harry Potter, came in a trunk with all sorts of goodies. but it only contained the 4 or 5 movies that existed at the time. its just a weird move, just make lame cardboard boxes until the series are done. lol

all that said, i have the first 3 Pirates on blu already so i wont be getting this. partly because i know its not over and i dont want extra movies sitting alone in th future. but also because while i like the series, i dont love it so much to double dip on collections like this.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:40 PM

True, but if all the discs go inside the coin in the chest, then eventually the digital copies will be worthless anyway. They can be removed and the space could be used for future films.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:51 PM

The coin isn't going to be like the identity disc for tron, right? It's nice and all, but a pain since all of the discs in that stacked on each other instead of a flip book.

The price seems fairly high, i'd rather wait and just buy the 1st and 4th movie, 2nd and 3rd were eh to me..but then I feel i'd still be leaving out a big chunk of the series. Ahh well, and as noted every time it seemed the series was over..a new film was made.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinMar View Post
Lol, Looks like they are repurposing their Boombox.
It appears they just pulled the electronics out and stuffed foam and cloth in their instead. Lol.
I last saw this boombox for $20 at target.....
Hi! Could you elaborate on that original boombox? What was/is it? Was it bundled with a movie? I'm not American, so I've never seen this gizmo! Thanks in advance.