'Unknown' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Default 'Unknown' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Unknown' has just been posted. Aaron says this isn't a very good movie, which is a shame since the disc itself is demo worthy! Read on for all the details on this Liam Neeson "thriller..."

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5168...wn_single.html
Old 06-07-2011, 02:56 PM

I caught this in theatres, and I think like many people I was expecting something along the lines of 'Taken'. While 'Taken' wasn't particularly original, it was still a well-cut, exciting revenge thriller so to speak. I did enjoy Unknown, but I think the let down was when everything is revealed to you, the truth behind the matter wasn't all that interesting. However there are some good scenes and a solid supporting performance by Bruno Ganz, so I would have to lightly recommend this one - worth a rental, worth a look, but not worth buying unless you are a hardcore Neeson fan. I wouldn't go so far as to call the film bad though. It has its good points if you are just looking for a few hours of mindless entertainment, I'd say it delivers.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:28 AM

I also enjoyed this movie, but I wouldn't call the Blu-ray a good disc. It looks like it has great video and audio with almost no extras!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:51 PM

Terribly marketed, but I still enjoyed it.

More Total Recall than anything else.

And there's nothing 'slow' about it.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 AM

Downfall fans beware
Spoiler
Hitler dies

If you're a member of the Bitrate Police (15Mbps) you might want to import (someone else has the EU rights).
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 AM

Girlfriend and I enjoyed it. Generic story, yes. But the pacing, acting, and dialog were decent I thought.

Liam Neeson fans will not be disappointed, at least, I thought he was excellent in it. I kinda like Diane Kruger too, so that helped me stick with the movie as well despite the generic plot.

Overall good rental, but a one and done, don't feel the need to watch again any time soon. That car chase scene was pretty cool though imo.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Loved the tanktop scene, otherwise it was pretty medicore movie.

AQ? Yes! PQ? Not so much.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 PM

Everyone I talked to loved this movie pretty much. IMO reviewers everywhere got this wrong. But, no big deal, I'm glad I bought this and look forward to seeing it again.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 AM

Finally saw this, right on cranky ol' Boston's heels. I was certainly intrigued by the hook, even though the payoff was less than amazing. It would've been nice to spend more time with the kick-ass Liam Neeson as opposed to clever-but-doesn't-know-how-to-fight version. January Jones is as wooden as ever, but at least she's barely in it.

On the whole, I wouldn't mind watching it again sometime.