'Happy Gilmore' - High-Def Diget Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 PM

Default 'Happy Gilmore' - High-Def Diget Review

Adam Sandler's classic 'Happy Gilmore' finally hits Blu-ray next week! Was it worth the wait? Read our review to find out...

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4160/happygilmore.html
Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 PM

funny but not day one if it's more than 15. minor quibble, he wasn't living with Gramms when the IRS repo'd the house. also look for Richard Keil as A Former Employer of Happy's.
"You're Gonna Die Clown"
Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 PM

Just doesn't seem like this movie has aged well. When I first saw this movie I had just graduated from high school the year before and thought this movie was hilarious. Now when I watch it, I don't really laugh at all. I don't know, maybe that type of comedy was just a fad. Probably kinda like Jackass. I still LMAO at Jackass but I bet in 10 years or so that I'll look back and wonder what the hell I was thinking. It's kinda funny though, I still find a lot of old movies really funny. Movies like Stripes, Ghostbusters, movies Richard Pryor was in. Can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with Billy Madison.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Former Member

Happy has aged MUCH more gracefully than Billy Madison, yo. no arguing that. With each repeat viewing, you see more and more of the failures of the film, the shortcomings, the mistakes, the poor choices, the reaches. you see the inexperience staring you in the face.

card, perhaps what you find funny is the intelligent writing, the hidden jokes behind all the big gags, the responses, all the shit going on. these films have none of that. they're all on the surface. they're good for a viewing or two.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Happy has aged MUCH more gracefully than Billy Madison, yo.
I get Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore mixed up. But yeah, I actually haven't seen Happy Gilmore in a long time so it might of held up much better than Billy Madison. It was Billy Madison that I've seen in the last couple of months and I just thought it was awful. So my entire post up there was based on Billy Madison. I is dumb.