'The Stunt Man' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-31-2011, 03:02 PM

Default 'The Stunt Man' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'The Stunt Man' has just been posted. While he doesn't feel the film is quite the classic some make it out to be, Steve Cohen says this is still an interesting and entertaining flick.This Blu-ray features solid video and audio and plenty of extras Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5066/stuntman.html
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM

i've never seen this and dont plan to but i gotta say thats a pretty kick-ass set of extras. fans cant complain. its more impressive consisering this isnt some classic movie or anything that you'd expect to get such a treatment. if only they treated most release like this.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:09 PM

In my experience, this movie takes a couple of viewings to sink in. I was left a little perplexed by it the first time through, but I starting picking up on a lot more subtle details during the second watch. There's a great moment where a cop leans in to the main character's car window to ask him "Camera on?" and he totally freaks out because he thinks the cop is calling him by his real name, Cameron, and knows who he is. I didn't get that at all the first time.

That "Sinister Saga" documentary is just wacky. Richard Rush really wants everyone to know that he's a great misunderstood genius, and spends most of the piece reading off old critics' quotes about his movie, most of which are from dubious sources. "Larry King called it the best movie of this or any year! Rex Reed said that it was the most important movie ever made!!" Meanwhile, he conveniently skirts the question of why, if she's such a talented filmmaker, do all of his other movies except this one suck so very, very badly. My god, has anyone here actually seen Color of Night?
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:11 PM

Great review, Steve!
And I'll echo Josh's sentiments, this is definitely a movie deserving a second watch to catch the various subtleties.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
In my experience, this movie takes a couple of viewings to sink in. I was left a little perplexed by it the first time through, but I starting picking up on a lot more subtle details during the second watch. There's a great moment where a cop leans in to the main character's car window to ask him "Camera on?" and he totally freaks out because he thinks the cop is calling him by his real name, Cameron, and knows who he is. I didn't get that at all the first time.

That "Sinister Saga" documentary is just wacky. Richard Rush really wants everyone to know that he's a great misunderstood genius, and spends most of the piece reading off old critics' quotes about his movie, most of which are from dubious sources. "Larry King called it the best movie of this or any year! Rex Reed said that it was the most important movie ever made!!" Meanwhile, he conveniently skirts the question of why, if she's such a talented filmmaker, do all of his other movies except this one suck so very, very badly. My god, has anyone here actually seen Color of Night?
YES I have LOL.