'Godzilla vs. Megalon' & 'Destroy All Monsters' rumored for fall 2011 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-29-2011, 12:17 PM

Default 'Godzilla vs. Megalon' & 'Destroy All Monsters' rumored for fall 2011

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5307...a_megalon.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5306..._monsters.html
Old 05-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Sweet! X-mas presents for me!

Last edited by Favelle; 05-29-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:34 PM

The japanese released Godzilla BDs look like upscaled DVDs.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman342 View Post
The japanese released Godzilla BDs look like upscaled DVDs.
It's funny you say that, because they weren't. I will agree though on GMK, because I was expecting so much more out of that movie video wise. Which is a shame because that is my favorite of them. However, the original movie looks incredible and is probably the best looking of the Blu-Rays. Question is though, is MB going to actually use Toho's HD prints for the Blu-Rays or are they going to be upscaled? I guess it matters now, since if I am going to be buy them, it matters not, especially since Megalon is the only Godzilla movie I need left to complete my collection.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
It's funny you say that, because they weren't. I will agree though on GMK, because I was expecting so much more out of that movie video wise. Which is a shame because that is my favorite of them. However, the original movie looks incredible and is probably the best looking of the Blu-Rays. Question is though, is MB going to actually use Toho's HD prints for the Blu-Rays or are they going to be upscaled? I guess it matters now, since if I am going to be buy them, it matters not, especially since Megalon is the only Godzilla movie I need left to complete my collection.
This thread did not mention the original, though from what I have seen of the Japanese version it did not look much better then a upscaled DVD.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:23 AM

I had DAM, this weekend I am gonna see it and I will tell you about it.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:45 AM

Finally I saw it, the PQ was average, I give it a 6/10, all the monsters looks good minus Godzilla and his son, what a awfull suit for the King of the monsters, in the other hand Gorosaurus and Anguirus looks terrific. The rest of the cast looks good(King G, Manda, Rodan, Mothra, etc.).

The AQ was a little better, but the Dolby Digital mix sounds poor, skip it and prove it the DTS 2.0 audio with a lot of bass and decent LFE. I give it a 7/10.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman342 View Post
This thread did not mention the original, though from what I have seen of the Japanese version it did not look much better then a upscaled DVD.
Which movie are we taling about? If you mean the original, then you have not seen a good copy. I have the Region 2 DVD, the Classic Media DVD, the Classic Media Blu-Ray, and the Toho Blu-Ray, and the Toho BD is vastly superior than all of them. The biggest proof is the lack of scratch marks. More than 85% of them are gone, which that alone makes it better than any other version.

As for DAM, the video looked good enough. Plus, the audio has the Japanese track, so that is all that matters, for this movie finally got a proper release in the US. Yes, the BD video is not up to BD quality, but do you really think any Kaiju movie from the 60s and 70s is going to look much better? No, they were made with cheap filmstock, so that is not possible.

BTW, I'm not sure how the audio is HD. The back of the box says it is in 2.0 DTSMA, while the disc menu just read said it was 2.0, and my receiver reads it as standard stereo and not HD. Even the 5.1 audio track is odd because the player says it is English 5.1 even though it is in Jp, the box does not even have it listed, and my receiver read it as standard Dolby Digital audio instead of TrueHD.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Which movie are we taling about? If you mean the original, then you have not seen a good copy. I have the Region 2 DVD, the Classic Media DVD, the Classic Media Blu-Ray, and the Toho Blu-Ray, and the Toho BD is vastly superior than all of them. The biggest proof is the lack of scratch marks. More than 85% of them are gone, which that alone makes it better than any other version.

As for DAM, the video looked good enough. Plus, the audio has the Japanese track, so that is all that matters, for this movie finally got a proper release in the US. Yes, the BD video is not up to BD quality, but do you really think any Kaiju movie from the 60s and 70s is going to look much better? No, they were made with cheap filmstock, so that is not possible.

BTW, I'm not sure how the audio is HD. The back of the box says it is in 2.0 DTSMA, while the disc menu just read said it was 2.0, and my receiver reads it as standard stereo and not HD. Even the 5.1 audio track is odd because the player says it is English 5.1 even though it is in Jp, the box does not even have it listed, and my receiver read it as standard Dolby Digital audio instead of TrueHD.

You have made the same silly statements in the other Godzilla thread so I am not going to repeat myself since it is clear anything above a blank image is considered 'great' by you.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:45 PM

Wait how could a 2.0 DTS its considered HD? Its like a dolby stereo, its not?