Hellraiser Bloodline/Inferno - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2011, 09:23 PM

Default Hellraiser Bloodline/Inferno

So being the Huge Hellraiser fan that I am, I noticed that this double pack came out 2 weeks ago in North America, and quickly ordered my copy. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting anything amazing with these movies, but hoped for a moderate improvement in both audio and video. Well My Blu ray arrived today and I haven't had a chance to watch the films just yet, but based on the specs on the back of the case I'm already disappointed.

The audio is in Stereo 2.0.

I own the DVD's of these same movies, and each sported a 5.1 audio track before. Hopefully this is a mistake on the packaging and once I play the movies they will in fact have 5.1 mixes, but if not, what a joke. I didn't expect much, but even those hopes look to have been too much for these movies. Also of note, on Hell raiser Bloodline the DVD has an aspect ratio of 1:85:1 where as the Blu ray has an adjusted ratio of 1:78:1... Not a significant change, but I still felt it was worth mentioning.

I'm still holding onto some hope... if the picture is even slightly better it will still be worth the purchase in the end for me, however at this point it doesn't look good. Just a heads up to any potential Hellraiser fans that may consider this in the future.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:55 PM

Echo Bridge comes through again...
Old 05-28-2011, 06:40 PM

Mine just shipped yesterday. A slightly better pq won't make up for 2 channel sound for me though.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Former Member

2 flicks on a BD25. you gotta love it.

i bought the standalone of Bloodline, and i'll wait for the same for Inferno. fuck these double packs.