'The Company Men' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 AM

Default 'The Company Men' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'The Company Men' has been posted. Aaron says this is a start look at corporate downsizing and job loss, led by some truly captivating performances from Tommy Lee Jones, Chris Cooper, and Ben Affleck. This Blu-ray features strong video, but the audio could have been better and there aren't a whole lot of supplements. Still, the performances alone are enough to give a recommendation.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4930/company_men.html
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM

This movie was confrontationally slow and dull, and this is coming from a huge Affleck fan who went to the theater to see this as a birthday present to himself. There's no action at all, and I don't mean action like explosions and guns, I mean there's nothing happening to make me sympathize with the characters or their plight. Peck's six-figure salary remark rings true; yeah, I'm really sorry you didn't save your money and continued to live beyond your means like an idiot.

The best part is when Affleck tells that lady to skip the diet sodas because they aren't helping.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:52 PM

Opinion you're a HUGE Affleck fan? My condolences. I will never watch another movie of his. I can't stand that arrogant, pompous idiot. He gives MA residents a bad name LOL
Old 05-26-2011, 03:59 PM

Nah Boston, Ben is a great guy. He's down to earth and intelligent. He makes MA residents look good!

Don't feel sorry I'm a fan of his; however, do feel sorry I watched The Company Men.
And Gigli.
And Phantoms (although he was the bomb in it).
Old 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I hear The Town is awesome, though. Still haven't seen it yet. Then again, I've always been somewhat of a fan except when he does those "paycheck" films.
'The Town' is good, except for its cheese-tastic ending that they should have completely cut from the movie.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 05-26-2011, 04:09 PM

I hear The Town is awesome, though. Still haven't seen it yet. Then again, I've always been somewhat of a fan except when he does those "paycheck" films.