Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Default 'The Great Dictator' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'The Great Dictator' has been posted. Nate says this is a truly great film. This Blu-ray features incredible video, surprisingly strong audio, and tons of extras. This is highly recommended.

Full Review Here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4726/dictator.html

Nice! I already have the entire (almost) catalog that was released last year from the UK. This one included, but since I'm a Criterion Collection whore this one will also be mine.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
    Nice! I already have the entire (almost) catalog that was released last year from the UK. This one included, but since I'm a Criterion Collection whore this one will also be mine.
    LOL Ditto

Bought Solaris and Charade from Borders today with the 50% coupon at $20.18 each delivered. I am now tempted to get this!

Landy, will you guys be reviewing Beauty and the Beast Criterion edition?

mosman22 is offline Member

Default Can't wait to five this to my dad

I remember watching this as a kid with my dad and it helping me fall in love with film and comedy. Cant wait to give this to my pops on fathers day.
    Sony 52' XBR 4
    Onkyo 705
    polk 5.1
    Ps 3 60 gig
    Toshiba a 35

project-blu is offline Former Member
    I'm not here. I'm elsewhere. Don't celebrate, I'm not dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    LOL Ditto

Bought Solaris and Charade from Borders today with the 50% coupon at $20.18 each delivered. I am now tempted to get this!

Landy, will you guys be reviewing Beauty and the Beast Criterion edition?
    Criterion does send us screeners, usually 1 to 3 weeks in advance, sometimes week of. They've been pretty awesome about it with their catalog, so I'd say it's a safe bet!
    Tumbleweeds.

Tumbleweeds everywhere.

jcs913 is offline Member

I received my copy from Criterion on Saturday and got in the feature last night. I must say that, consistent with Modern Times, all I could say was WOW!! The clarity and depth that Criterion has gifted us with on the Chaplin releases' are just hard to believe. When viewing this film, remember the age and you will just scratch your head at how fantastic the PQ is. I have the Park Circus release too, and honestly, this has much better clarity and the resolution really shows in this as compared. IMO, another 5 star Chaplin release from Criterion.

Quote Originally Posted by jcs913 View Post
    I received my copy from Criterion on Saturday and got in the feature last night. I must say that, consistent with Modern Times, all I could say was WOW!! The clarity and depth that Criterion has gifted us with on the Chaplin releases' are just hard to believe. When viewing this film, remember the age and you will just scratch your head at how fantastic the PQ is. I have the Park Circus release too, and honestly, this has much better clarity and the resolution really shows in this as compared. IMO, another 5 star Chaplin release from Criterion.
    i didn't import the Chaplin films, but if you're saying i made the right decision, then that's the best news i've heard all day.

it is amazing how clean and crisp this film looks after all these years.
    Tumbleweeds.

Tumbleweeds everywhere.

jcs913 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
    i didn't import the Chaplin films, but if you're saying i made the right decision, then that's the best news i've heard all day.

it is amazing how clean and crisp this film looks after all these years.
    Nate, the clarity on the 2 Criterion releases are just unbelievable. There has been several Chaplin festivals here in Chicago over the years and once and a while I catch a few. Honestly, these look just as good as the restored big screen versions, just fantastic!! Nate, did you get a chance to dig into all the supplements in full?

Quote Originally Posted by jcs913 View Post
    Nate, the clarity on the 2 Criterion releases are just unbelievable. There has been several Chaplin festivals here in Chicago over the years and once and a while I catch a few. Honestly, these look just as good as the restored big screen versions, just fantastic!! Nate, did you get a chance to dig into all the supplements in full?
    on this release, yes. not on modern times, as i didn't review that one. GREAT extras here, though i will admit i did turn off the commentary about halfway through as i couldn't stand it.
    Tumbleweeds.

Tumbleweeds everywhere.