'I Am Number Four' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 PM

Default 'I Am Number Four' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'I Am Number Four,' the good news is that the film made enough to warrant the string of sequels it seems to suggest. The bad news, for Aaron, is that the film made enough to warrant the string of sequels it seems to suggest. He says this is better suited to The CW. This Blu-ray features very nice video, even better audio, and some weak extras. Fans should be happy, otherwise, this is a rental at best.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5002/ian4.html
Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 PM

Default Pretty much agreei

I kept saying to myself this movie keeps reminding me why I started to hate smallville. Then as the movie ended I realized it was written and produced by the smallville team, I'm wondering why the reviewer noticed same thing but doesn't point out there is a very good reason ian4 feels like teeny cw tripe bc it's created by those very same people
Old 05-20-2011, 03:07 PM

Aside from all that, it seems like it is trying to be another Twilight but with aliens. Girl likes a guy, can't be with him because of some non human drama, etc. It was produced by Michael Bay after all. Take existing money making concept, add more effects.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM

I don't understand, if the aliens already destroyed that planet, why bother going after the guardians?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Aaron has reviewed 'I Am Number Four,' the good news is that the film made enough to warrant the string of sequels it seems to suggest. The bad news, for Aaron, is that the film made enough to warrant the string of sequels it seems to suggest.

Ha !
Old 05-25-2011, 08:36 AM

I think the movie had too much teenage drama and not enough aliens fighting each other, but it did have some pretty cool scenes and wasn't as bad as some say. It seems to me that the reviewer had made up his mind that he wasn't going to like the movie before he even watched it.

Like when he says "He's apparently the protector of his home planet, but he's also got a protector to protect him. Yeah, I know. It really doesn't make all that much sense", it shows to me that he didn't really get that part of the story or wasn't really paying attention. They all had protectors because they left when they were young and hadn't developed their powers yet to be able to protect their planet.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedram View Post
... but it did have some pretty cool scenes and wasn't as bad as some say. It seems to me that the reviewer had made up his mind that he wasn't going to like the movie before he even watched it.

Like when he says "He's apparently the protector of his home planet, but he's also got a protector to protect him. Yeah, I know. It really doesn't make all that much sense", it shows to me that he didn't really get that part of the story or wasn't really paying attention. They all had protectors because they left when they were young and hadn't developed their powers yet to be able to protect their planet.
I agree. It is obvious in the story line that they do not develop their powers until after puberty and becoming teen age jerks.
My grife is, why do they always make jocks to be the worst jerks like Ryan Leaf? Is it that prevalent in high school?
Old 07-04-2011, 04:13 PM

This is worth a rental if only to give your home theater a workout. As soon as
Spoiler
Number Six gets the party started at the end it was ON!

Old 07-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
This is worth a rental if only to give your home theater a workout. As soon as
Spoiler
Number Six gets the party started at the end it was ON!

I don't even have to watch this to tell you there are better HT workouts available in which the movie itself is also good.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL83 View Post
I don't even have to watch this to tell you there are better HT workouts available in which the movie itself is also good.
I don't think I said I liked it, though. Thanks for assuming. How was Transformers 3?